Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68XP-UD3 (cant start)

GA-Z68XP-UD3 (cant start)
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:30:14 pm »
Greetings, this is my first post and i wanted to know your opinion in an issue im dealing with my pc.

Juny 2011 i bought my pc, i will try list all parts tha can help you understand the problem i will explain:
1. PSU – POWER LC6600 GP2
2. M/B Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3
3. CPU intel core i5 3,3 6MB 2500
4. RAM kingston 2GB x4 (listed on M/B Qualified Vendors List)
5. ASUS ATI HD6950 1GB DDR5

February 2012 for no obvious reason pc closed by itself and i couldnt start it again. There was no lights, no noise. It was like the PSU was dead or there was no power in there.

I returned the rig to the shop i bought it thinkig it was the PSU. They did some tests in the PSU and it was working perfectly. The next day the called and informed me it was the motherboard that failled and it had to be changed as it actually happened. Since the above modell wasnt avaliable in my country any more, they replaced it with the GA-Z68XP-UD3.

The first day i got the pc back,  started again with problems since it would freeze every now and then with a hard reboot needed to continue and i experienced a couple of restarts too. The second day pc freeeze again and at the hard reboot it turns off by itself without me being able to start it again.It will boot for 4-5 secs then restart by itself again and again.The fans in VGA-rig-CPU all work  during the 4-5 secs ''power on''.

There are no beeps, no noise and i tryied to boot it without graphic card-DVDROM-HDD and only one RAM module.  I tryed to clear CMOS with jumpers and by removing the battery. I did my search in google for posible solutions and found that many people have same problem but with two diferent M/B is kinda weird.

Before i return the rig to the shop, i would like your opinion in what may be the cause of that behaviour and if you too think it is the M/B that generates the problem or something else from the above parts. It may be that both M/B was broken but that would be really rare to happen twice in a row.

Thanks in advance and my apologises for  bad use of the engish language.

dikal

Re: GA-Z68XP-UD3 (cant start)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:17:10 pm »
Hi Dimitri,  :)

I believe that the PSU is "weak" to power your pc (2 12V rails / 17A and 19A).
As I found here (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2010/12/16/ati-radeon-hd-6950-review/10), your VGA needs 20A at load.

Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
    • PC Parts List
Re: GA-Z68XP-UD3 (cant start)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 05:41:15 pm »
I concur; its a generic PSU with low power output.  The card alone can pull 12-13A.  You need a PSU commensurate with the quality components its powering.  www.jonnyguru.com for info.

Spontaneous reboots (not BSODs w/auto restart) are caused by bad power.

I'd be interested in what tests they did on the PSU; you can't test it without a proper load or expensive measuring equipment (a multimeter won't cut it).

Your English is fine.