Welshy

Re: GA-G41MT-S2P HDMI audio ?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 09:54:43 am »
i think its time i should upgrade my video card :(

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 11:19:36 am »
Azalia must be disabled to use other audio.   With that said, I had to buy a sound card myself to use audio because HDMI audio was a huge fail for me too (ATI HDMI).   It would work, but SUPER LOW, I mean LOW as in you could not hear it barely even if you were to crawl inside of the speaker :D

Welshy

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 11:42:04 am »
im using the onboard audio, will it not work if i disable Azalia ?

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 12:00:12 pm »
Onboard audio = Azalia

HDMI audio = Graphics card audio processing

They can't be both enabled/used at the same time

Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
    • PC Parts List
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 04:27:31 pm »
Unless its specific to that board/chipset or HDMI specifically, I cannot agree.  (Though disabling on-board sound for troubleshooting is a good idea.)

I've used multiple audio devices for years now: on-board, Sound Blaster add-on (even up to three SB cards), HDMI, Bluetooth earpiece.  Typically, I use on-board for voice comms and Sound Blaster for real sound.

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 05:50:32 pm »
Well, I know it's a Gigabyte thing for sure, it's right in the manual and I've always had to disable it anytime I've used add-on audio cards.  

Of course, I'm no audio pro (Don't care), so maybe I've never tinkered with it the right way, and I've also only tried with one speaker source anyway?  

For my speakers, I could only use one or the other, and HDMI audio via ATI was so tiny a gnat would squint to hear it.  << And that  may be the same issue the OP is having, I bought a cheap card to get around that, but have since went back to onboard.   I only use speakers for mail notifications, or the occasional tech video, so it doesn't really matter to me how it's setup as long as it's working.  I just dropped my thoughts here because it seemed like no one was mentioning this, and I had experienced similar with HDMI audio.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:03:44 pm by Lsdmeasap »

Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
    • PC Parts List
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 07:03:21 pm »
It is a good idea to disable on-board for troubleshooting.

Plug-n-Play/resource pooling eliminates conflicts and Windows facilitates multiple audio devices; it lets you prioritise them and specify different audio devices for normal sound and voice comms.

My wife has a G930 headset in addition to a SB X-fi, on-board audio, and HDMI audio.  When she turns on the headset, it takes priority over the SB X-fi (connected to Klipsch 5.1 speakers) for normal sounds.  The on-board Realtek is always set for voice comms with its own mic and monitor-mounted speakerbar; which is handy for MMO raids.

I used to DJ a little and I had three SB Live!s used by Winamp; two to drive two different PAs in different rooms and one for headphones to preview; on-board sound was for Windows system sounds (not pleasant over a cranked PA!).

Really odd the manual would say that any time after Windows 3.1/95.