Official GIGABYTE Forum

memory timings change after resuming from slep

memory timings change after resuming from slep
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:48:48 pm »
i have a gigabyte p55a-ud3 revision 2 motherboard
every time the pc wakes from sleep the memory timings have changed , if im running the memory at 1600 7-8-7-24 the timings after sleep will be 9-8-7-24

running 4 sticks of G Skill F3-12800CL7-2GBRM

if i am using 2 stick or running at 1333 the timings still change but the change to 8-8-7-24

also im not sure if this is related to the memory issue or not but the pc will go black from time to time. not blue screen but black... the only way to get the system to boot after thast is it switch the rocket switch on my power supply off wait a minute or 2 and then turn it back on..

does any one have any idea what could cause these issues?

my power supply is a corsair 650w psu my video card is sapphire hd4850 1gb ram. running raid 0 (2 western digital black HDD's)

nothing too crazy so i would think my PSU is sufficient for the load

Thank you

Michael Taylor

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
Re: memory timings change after resuming from slep
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:14:17 am »
This is normal, and is cosmetic only (IE not actually using the settings shown), and is an Intel issue that they will not correct.

Black screen is a graphics card issue, normally overheating or the solder on it may have been cheaply done and only a good baking can fix that :D

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:28:33 am »
thanks for the info about the memory timings...  makes me feel a bit better.
regarding the black screen I was going to try a new video card  to see if that helps..
but cant justify the expense at this time... (happens once or twice a month) but its annoying as hell when it does.

thanks again for the info

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 02:13:42 pm »
You are not alone, when I first noticed it on P55 or X58 I asked about it too!

Hope you can somehow narrow down the black screen issue!   Maybe borrow a card, or buy a cheap card to use and let someone else borrow your card for a month or so and see if they have similar issues :D