Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 graphics card in 16X slot BUT runs @ 8X

Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 graphics card in 16X slot BUT runs @ 8X
« on: February 08, 2012, 03:03:23 pm »
Hey guys,

I got a single GTX570 running in the first slot which is 16X but on GPU-Z it says it's only running at 8X

I know that if populate both slots the 16X will become 8X so you could have 8X 8X but now I only got a single card in the 16X slot and only running at 8X.

Am I right to assume this is not how it should be?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:03:55 pm by mariusmssj »

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
Re: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 graphics card in 16X slot BUT runs @ 8X
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:28:19 pm »
Yes, that is not how it should be.   Can you test the card on another computer to verify that it works properly there?

Then if it does, try clearing your CMOS on this board and see if that helps.   If it doesn't then try putting the card into the x8 slot and boot into widnows and let the drive update, then shut down and put it back into the x16 slot and boot back into windows and see if it's corrected.

Also, please update to the latest BIOS if you are not using it already, as that may solve the issue itself just via the update clearing the DMI Pool.   Use Qflash or DOS and if using Qflash be sure to disable keep DMI data.  Then once the flash is done boot into the BIOS and load optimized defaults, then save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS.   Once in the BIOS again set all your necessary settings, such as memory voltage, and SATA settings, then save/apply/reboot to windows and check the PCIE link again.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 02:46:08 pm »
Why thank you kind sir :D clearing the dmi pool data seemed to do the trick I am running at 16X now.

I know this is the wrong place to ask this, but since you was so helpful, do you know if replacing the gigabytes stock gpu cooler voids the cards warranty?

Thank you very much for your help =]

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 07:47:01 am »
Awesome to hear you got this sorted out easily! 

I have never heard anyone having warranty issues by replacing the heatsinks on board or cards, but if you do be sure you keep the original in case anything goes wrong and you have to RMA.   Also, be sure to use Non-Conductive paste such as TX-2, MX-2, ect.

Post back anytime if you need more help with anything!