Official GIGABYTE Forum

New built computer won't load windows, HELP!!

New built computer won't load windows, HELP!!
« on: November 08, 2009, 03:33:49 am »
Just installed the following

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA 790X-UD4P
Chip: AMD Phenon II 3.0 GHZ Quad Core AM2
RAM: 8 GB Crucial DDR2
HDD: Western Digital Caviar SATA 1 TB
Video Card: GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB GDDR3
DVD: LG 22X DVDRW SATA

PROBLEM:

First problem: On initial boot computer hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" in the BIOS
after changing the boot order to "DVD Rom" and loading the Windows disc I get the second problem

Windows 7 will load up to the point where it ask "Which type of installation do you want"   I chosse "Custom (advanced)"
then it ask "Where do you want to install Windows?"  I choose "Load Driver"

At this point I remove the Windows disc and place the Gigabyte MOBO disc in the tray but it can't open the folders on the disc.

I've downloaded the latest drivers from the Gigabyte web site to a flash drive but still can't open the folders to load the drivers

What am I doing wrong? Please help :(

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: New built computer won't load windows, HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 07:08:34 am »
Hi there,

With windows 7 you shouldn't need to laod any drivers unless you are creating a raid array. From your system specs., you aren't doing that so.....

When you get to set up in windows follow custom install and leave the windows disk in. It should fully install the OS then you can load any drivers that are missing, once windows 7 is up and running.

Hope this helps
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:45:16 pm »
thanks for the help.

When I get to the setup screen thats where its stops and it ask for the drivers, nothing else will happen

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 02:59:48 pm »
OK Whenyou boot up are your hard-drive and DVD drive being recognised?
If there is an issue with these at boot up windows 7 might not find the HDD at install.

First check that you have the latest bios for your MoBo and, if needed, update it to the latest version which is f8. Here's the link for that:

http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3038

Then I would enter bios and load optimised  defaults. Press f10 and then return/enter to reboot system

If everything is OK when windows 7 disk loads files and it asks where you want to install you want to install onto your HDD. You don't want to load drivers or anything at this 1st step other than the OS
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 02:35:01 am »
Yes the HDD and DVD is recognised. I went into the BIOS and loaded optimised defaults pressed F10 and the Windows disc began to laod, which is good cause it didn't do that befoe. But once again when it gets to "Where do you want to load windows" It ask for drivers, which I can't load.

How do I check to see if I have the latest BIOS. I downloaded the latest BIOS to a flash drive, but how I load the latest BIOS

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 03:29:13 pm »
To check which bios you have read the boot screen. It will tewll you the Mobo and the Bios but..... you have to be fairly quick is it doesn't stay on the screen too long. This is the very firat screen that shows.

If you need to update bios from your USB Flashdrive....
Make sure your PC is off.
Insert USB Drive with the unzipped Bios folder on it into a USB port.
Start the PC and press the "END" key which will take you to the Q Flash utility
Follow the on screen instructions to update your Bios.

When it has finished reboot the system and go back into bios (Press delete key during boot)

Load optimised defaults
Then reboot

I am a little puzzeled as to why Windows 7 is asking for drivers as I have now built Several PC's with Windows 7 with out encountering this problem.

R_N_B

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 05:09:14 pm »
@ absic115  sometimes happens when the OS does not pick up the HDD    Had to install Win7 on 26 machines at work, all exactly the same components had two that would not pick up the HDD and gave that load driver rubbish. I do not have time to mess around fault finding so I simply swap HDD till one loads the OS. One thing to note - only happens (so far to me) with unformatted HDD. Maybe that has something to do with it...?

SOLVED Re: New built computer won't load windows, HELP!!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 08:17:25 am »
Thanks again for everyones help, but I solved the problem. it was the hard drive. I used a Western Digital GREEN which has a varying speed to it. One minute it's recogise in the BIOS and a few minutes later its gone.That was causing Windows not to load. After swapping out the HD everything loaded just fine with no problems.