Official GIGABYTE Forum

2 issues with GA-X79-UD5 - long boot with ssd and usb keyboard not acknowledged

I have a GA-X79-UD5 with 16gb ripjaws memory and I boot from a 240gb mushkin chronos delux and a 3820 cpu.  Bios is F10.  Gigabyte 560 Ti 448 graphics card, 2 tb wd black hard drive. Windows 7 Pro. Not overclocked.  Water cooled with Corsair H70 - cpu temps 23 to 30.  Everything is brand new.

Problem 1:  When it boots, it rapidly makes it to the welcome screen where it waits for 30 seconds and then the screen changes to black (with spinning movable cursor) and waits for another 60 to 70 seconds.  Anyone know what this issue is.  For the initial 30 second welcome wait - there is an issue with win7 and solid color backgrounds - but I've switched between solid and image and - no difference.  It is obviously waiting for something but I don't know what.    - no point in booting from an ssd if I have to sit in a holding pattern for 2 minutes.

Problem 2:  I have set legacy usb and one other setting (name escapes me right now) in hopes of getting the mobo to recognize my Corsair USB keyboard.  Unfortunately NO GO.  In order to get into the bios - press delete at boot - or any other key for other functions - Nothing happens.  I have to plug in an old style plug in keyboard to get to bios.  How do I get the x79-ud5 to recognize my usb keyboard??? (tried 3 other usb keyboards but none work)

Would appreciate any help or suggestions.  Once it boots, everything works very well

Thanks

Problem 1 fixed:  Seems like the on board wireless was waiting for resolution of something or whatever.  Nuke and pave and now all is well. Internal wireless not connected this round.  Will experiment later.  BlueTooth - sweet.  Booting from the ssd is sweet.

Problem 2:  Both the keyboard(s) and the motherboard are brand new - can't understand why a usb keyboard does not function at boot OR is useless when in SAFE MODE.  Two new keyboards - neither work with the ud5 - but once booted both are perfect. 

Surely someone at gigabyte would have a suggestion/Solution????????