Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga-990fxa-ud3 1.1 f5 trouble resuming from sleep mode

ga-990fxa-ud3 1.1 f5 trouble resuming from sleep mode
« on: December 27, 2011, 09:48:24 pm »
Hey guys, I am having trouble resuming from sleep mode. If I move or clic the mouse, nothing happens. If I type using keyboard, the num lock light turns on but computer does not resume. Pressing power or reset button does not help either. In order to resume I have to turn off the PSU switch for 5 seconds and then press power button, windows resume. any ideas on how to solve this? I will appreciate so much. Thanks!

Here's my configuration:

ga-990fxa-ud3 ver 1.1 f5
AMD fx-8120
Corsair 8 gb 1866mhz
Coolermaster 1200w
Corsair SSD 120gt3
logitech usb mouse and keyboard
AMD HD6870
case corsair 650d

Re: ga-990fxa-ud3 1.1 f5 trouble resuming from sleep mode
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 03:08:59 am »
I had the same problem, upgraded the bios to the latest beta f6f?  forgot what the number was, but it's the latest and i'm able to mouse click out of sleep now. 

sdunnin

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:00:59 pm »
I've been having a similar problem with the UD5 version of this board. When set to S3 (STR) the system will wake up from key/mouse but screen never comes on. Usually have to power off as noted by quixote to get it to restart. S1 (POS) standby works but all fans stay on when in that mode.

Sent a support ticket to GB and the response was a very generic "it's a memory problem" which is somewhat suspect because I have ran several memory tests without any problems noted.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 11:11:48 pm »
Hey guys I updated to the F6F update and I got the same error and the bios had to recover. I damn well know its not my ram.

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:57:08 pm »
I noticed you're using a Corsair Force GT SSD, I'm assuming since it's the only storage media I see listed that your OS is installed on it?  If so, have you updated the SSD firmware to 1.3.3?  There was a bug with the original firmware in those SSDs that caused issues with it resuming from standby; the drive would basically not wake up, causing it to "disappear" and prevent the system from booting until you cycled the power.
I was having the same issue with my Force Series 3 (largely the same thing) and once I updated to the 1.3.3 firmware I never had the problem again. 

Here's the thread on the Corsair forums where you can get the firmware update: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100162
The downside is you may have to completely wipe your system (do a "Secure Erase" of the SSD) and and start over.

Hope this helps!