Official GIGABYTE Forum

Problem with easy boost

Problem with easy boost
« on: March 12, 2012, 12:16:05 am »
Since I've reformatted and reinstalled windows, Easy Boost hasn't been working properly. When I try to apply a new  overclock setting, the memory under clock control with half for some reason. After I've started Easy Boost, I have to restart windows just to get my card back to it's factory speed.

As an example, if I try to set the memory clock speed to 1002 MHz (the factory setting), after hitting save or apply, it will drop down to 501 and stay that way until reboot.

I've tried running the program as administrator, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software from both my setup disc and the download off of your website. Does anyone know what I should do?

My system specs:

Operating System
   MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
   AMD Phenom II X4
   Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
   8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
   ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4N68T-M-V2 (AM3)   52 °C
Graphics
   SME1920 (1366x768@60Hz)
   1024MB GeForce GTX 560 (Gigabyte)   48 °C
Hard Drives
   488GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKX-001CA SCSI Disk Device (ATA)
   1465GB Western Digital WDC WD15 EARX-00ZUDB0 SCSI Disk Device (ATA)
   1465GB Western Digital WDC WD15 EARS-00S8B1 SCSI Disk Device (ATA)
Optical Drives
   ASUS DRW-24B1ST   a SCSI CdRom Device
   DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
   High Definition Audio Device

Re: Problem with easy boost
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 09:29:29 pm »
my suggestion would be to NOT use easy boost..i've never been able to get it to work right and have used all the updates..use something like MSI after burner..the latest version..it is VERY stable..totally adjustable for your own settings and I've never had a problem with it.it also has many different settings so you can change from one to another for diff apps.I have a gigabyte x58a udr3 v1.0, i7 975x w/12g ram and on dual boot sys w/xp pro 64bit and win7 pro 64bit..4 wd 500g hd's,3 blue ray dvd's w/gigabyte gtx295 video card.Mobo is running bios v6..am oc'd to 3.73 and video is oc'd to twice normal speed. have been running this way for over 2 yrs and not once does it crash,stall,or even hic-cough..moocho stable. i run 3dsmax 2013,maya2013,inventor 2013,poser 8 and while all are running i can still get my email,render in maya.copy,delete and move stuff..TOTALLY stable sys.
so.throw away "easy boost" and get something better..RIVA,MSI or one of your choice..there are lots out there for FREE too..so experiment..find one that works well on your sys and go with it!! :)