Official GIGABYTE Forum

EP45-UD3P Watercooling options

Allubz

EP45-UD3P Watercooling options
« on: November 16, 2009, 09:36:40 pm »
Dear Gigabyte users,

I'm wondering what (possibly all) the fitting solutions on the GB EP45-UD3P are:
Northbridge
Southbridge
MOSFETs

I know pretty much all socket 775 blocks fit.
I know my current NB block is strapped on and the SB block fits fine.

Please don't tell me I don't need MOSFET and/or NB and/or SB cooling, I just need the options ;)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:17:01 pm by runn3R »
GA-EP45-UD3P
E8500 C0
4x1GB Team Xtreem D9GMH
Watercooled (Sub 60c load 4.4GHz)

Pottypete

Re: EP45-UD3P Watercooling options
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 11:34:12 pm »
Hi,
Make your own is one option, snazzy too :o
http://www.aavidthermalloy.com/products/heatpipe/index.shtml
Cheers

Allubz

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 01:58:38 am »
Heh it's a lovely idea but I'm looking at blocks to review ;)
GA-EP45-UD3P
E8500 C0
4x1GB Team Xtreem D9GMH

Allubz

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 11:55:00 pm »
Isn't there something wrong when officials do only reply to maybe half the threads made here. Especially the one with more in-depth questions?
GA-EP45-UD3P
E8500 C0
4x1GB Team Xtreem D9GMH

Pottypete

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 12:12:53 am »
Hi,allubz
(This really should have been posted under General discusions)
Please read, http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,22.0.html
It would be nice if more forum members would take the time to visit and partake in answering posts of peps who have a problem,
But thats life,
I take the time to answer posts to gain some more experiance in computing,
Not to chide others who do or do not!,
It is after all, a comunity forum, not the official gigabte website,
regards
Ps, there are no Officials aside from Admin Here!.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:16:13 am by Pottypete »

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 12:46:07 am »
You may want to message elemental dragon. She knows alot more about watercooling than me :)
There's no place like ::1

R_N_B

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 09:41:17 am »
Isn't there something wrong when officials do only reply to maybe half the threads made here. Especially the one with more in-depth questions?

In depth question I do answer and so do others. Your quest is not an in depth by any stretch.

What you have asked and then claimed the information is for a review indicates to me that you are not qualified to write a review on the subject.

There are standard water cooling products that have been known and used in the water cooling fraternity for years. All the major mater cooling suppliers and manufactures have web sites that list chip-set specific products. They are not in most cases motherboard specific. Further for your information products can often not be originally designed for the purpose they now most often used for. Take the DD Maze 4 - it started life as a CPU (processor) cooler and has evolved to be used as a graphic card cooler in the main.

Basically any person who was about to do a review of water-cooling would have more knowledge about the subject than you have indicated. So forgive me if I doubt that what you are claiming is completely accurate. You might of course be doing a school project, and I and others will gladly help you if that is the case. But please do not claim to be preparing to do a review of water cooling items when you so obviously are not qualified to do so.

And if you wonder why I am so abrupt it is in direct response to your tone in the posts above.

Allubz

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 10:19:09 am »
Please do excuse me if I set a wrong 'tone' in my message.

In response and to explain:

It is after all, a comunity forum, not the official gigabte website,
regards
Ps, there are no Officials aside from Admin Here!.

I see now, I believed this forum to be ran by officials only, since it is directly linked to the GigaByte UK homepage, excuse me for that.

You may want to message elemental dragon. She knows alot more about watercooling than me :)

Thank you a lot.I do actually already have most the blocks listed but I'll put her on my reference list ;)

In depth question I do answer and so do others. Your quest is not an in depth by any stretch.

What you have asked and then claimed the information is for a review indicates to me that you are not qualified to write a review on the subject.

There are standard water cooling products that have been known and used in the water cooling fraternity for years. All the major mater cooling suppliers and manufactures have web sites that list chip-set specific products. They are not in most cases motherboard specific. Further for your information products can often not be originally designed for the purpose they now most often used for. Take the DD Maze 4 - it started life as a CPU (processor) cooler and has evolved to be used as a graphic card cooler in the main.

Basically any person who was about to do a review of water-cooling would have more knowledge about the subject than you have indicated. So forgive me if I doubt that what you are claiming is completely accurate. You might of course be doing a school project, and I and others will gladly help you if that is the case. But please do not claim to be preparing to do a review of water cooling items when you so obviously are not qualified to do so.

And if you wonder why I am so abrupt it is in direct response to your tone in the posts above.

Whether or not you believe I am a qualified reviewer and/or writer isn't remotely the topic.
I know there are a lot of standard blocks, and yes, I know most of them. I do also know how to make my own blocks if I would want to, but that is not the topic either.
I was simply trying to get a fixed (official) list of suitable waterblocks, that GigaByte might have. Whether you believe this to be the most accurate or 'professional reviewers' method isn't really a concern. My concern is that I have use for such a list for my reviews.
In fact, I have most of the blocks listed for myself already.

Enough about your personal bashing.
I asked the former question because I have experienced several non-responses on threads, of which some were more in-depth than others, and generally slow response times. This is now explained due to this being more a fan-based community than a board ran by officials which check here daily and are on top of things - no offense intended.

I do see now that my start post wasn't exactly most clear about this and sadly put in the wrong place. I will simply seek direct contact with GigaByte now to clear this up.

Again, I did not intend to offend or attack anyone in person.

Thanks for reading,

Al
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:00:28 am by Allubz »
GA-EP45-UD3P
E8500 C0
4x1GB Team Xtreem D9GMH

R_N_B

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 10:26:49 am »
All good mate - Seriously there are a lot of really good people on this forum. They go the extra mile for folks who ask for help.

Now with that out of the way how can we specifically help you with your project.

Allubz

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 11:01:17 am »
All good mate - Seriously there are a lot of really good people on this forum. They go the extra mile for folks who ask for help.

Now with that out of the way how can we specifically help you with your project.

Yeap we're fine :)

If I have any more user-oriented questions I will be glad to post them on this board.
GA-EP45-UD3P
E8500 C0
4x1GB Team Xtreem D9GMH

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 01:37:52 pm »
Hi All

I've just moved this thread to more suitable board for this sort of question.

@ Allubz:

1. I'm afraid that Gigabyte might not have the list of waterblocks devices for NB, SB and MOSFETs as this MB was designed to work without them...

2. You may send PM to Elemental_Dragon, she could advise you.

3. This forum is run by Gigabyte users mainly, as it's a kind of community, like Pottypete mentioned already. It's impossible to answer every question by "officials" ;) and it was never the aim of this forum. For official contact with Gigabyte you may try to use GGTS under: http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)