Official GIGABYTE Forum

GB GA-Z68X-UD7 bios update F10 is broken

GB GA-Z68X-UD7 bios update F10 is broken
« on: March 24, 2012, 06:50:24 am »
Anyone updating to the latest F10 bios for this board that manually set's there ram timing stick with the F10 beta bios the F10 final break's the manual setting..

I't been a problem for me on and off with this board and different bios version it work's perfectly then they break it, fix it brake it so annoying..

I know the setting's work as they work in F10 Beta ill be rolling back from F10 full to the beta just to keep this working

Gigabyte really need to do more testing on there bios's, testing all the features and making sure they work esp when a beta works better than a final release...

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: GB GA-Z68X-UD7 bios update F10 is broken
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:26:47 am »
Hi

I would suggest emailing GTTS and letting them know of the final BIOS's failings. You can contact them here:

GGTS

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx

or

http://gts.gigabyte.com/

Please expect several days for a reply.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:25:40 am by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:43:46 pm »
Ill do that but I bet I get some stupid answer, I though here may be a better place to bring it to GB's attention..

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 06:08:46 am »
Just tell them you are not asking for help, that you only want them to pass along the info to the BIOS engineers.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 10:15:10 am »
Just tell them you are not asking for help, that you only want them to pass along the info to the BIOS engineers.

Did that and got this lol my luck, I always got some dude that doesn't fully understand English, I said I'm not asking for help BTW...

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, because there are too many kinds of memory modules available in the retail market, it is very difficult to test all of the modules with our MB products. Thus, we are sorry that we can not guarantee the memory module you mentioned can work properly on this motherboard.

If possible, we suggest you try to test your system with other memory modules, or the memory modules listed on the Memory Support List from our website to see if there's a memory or motherboard problem, for memory support list, please click HERE.

Please first Load Optimized Defaults under BIOS setting and try to use only one memory module to run your system. We suggest you remove unnecessary hardware and test in simple environment to verify the root cause. Furthermore, incorrectly manually setting may result in damage to CPU, chipset, or memory and reduce the useful life of these components.

This motherboard supports Dual Channel technology. When enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips memory modules in the DDR3_1 and DDR3_3 OR DDR3_2 and DDR3_4 sockets.

However, if the problem still occurs, a further testing or examination might be required. Since we are not possible to get your product, we suggest you to contact your supplier (where you purchased your product) and see if they can test your system directly.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Best Regards,
GIGABYTE

Then I said you don't seam to understand I'm not asking for help and explainded again and got this

Thank you for your kindly reply. We appreciate your further information. However, due to we have examined with all the memory modules on our Memory Support List without any problem. Since we are impossible to test all kinds of memory modules in market, we are unable to guarantee if there is any compatibility issue with your DDR3 memory. Therefore, if possible, we would suggest you can try to test different memory modules on our Memory Support List in previous mail to verify the root cause. Furthermore, since you need to enable XMP function, we suggest you can click HERE to refer to Intel website for more information about memory modules. We would appreciate your understanding.

We also suggest you can contact your supplier for a direct examination to verify the root cause, since we are not possible to have your system directly. Sorry for any inconvenience.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Best Regards,
GIGABYTE
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:30:31 am by Dark Mantis »

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 09:38:43 pm »
Sorry to hear!

OK, before I contact them myself about this, can you please explain in full and exactly what you set and how it doesn't work.   Just so I'm sure what's going on before I try to get in touch with them about it.

Just so we are clear, memory brand doesn't matter to me :D   I just want to know exactly what you set that works in one BIOS, but does not in the new one and how it does not work, thanks!