Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-880GA-UD3H rev 2.0 with AOC-SASLP-MV8

slarco

GA-880GA-UD3H rev 2.0 with AOC-SASLP-MV8
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:42:40 am »
Hi, i been having a problem and i cant find any answer over the internet so I ended up here hoping that someone can help me.

I have a GA880GA-UD3H rev 2.0 mobo and I use it to run UnRaid as a NAS. It's been running for almost 2 years with 6 HDD's (WD20EARS 2TB) on the sata3 ports.

I recently bought a AOC-SASLP-MV8 card to get more sata port to add more drives, and i haven't been able to make it work.

The sata card came with the lates firmware (.21) and i have the latest bios on the mobo (F7).

This is what i have done so far:

• With the card attached the system won't boot onto UnRaid, get stuck at a black screen, blinking cursor. (seems to be a common issue)
  • Downgrade the card firmware to the prior version (.15N)
  • i was able to boot in to the unraid with the card attached but without any HDD attached to the sata card, ony using the 4x slot, on the 16x slot doesn't work
  • i plugged 2 drives to the card and again system wont boot, i get stuck at a blinking cursor, black screen

The card bios recognize the 2 HDD's, the card led indicators lit showing that a drive is presentbut i cannot go past the black screen.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I have the sata3 port as AHCI mode and sata2 set to "As SATA Type"

I been looking for info all over the place and i cannot figure this out. Is this card incompatible with this motherboard? Does anyone have this combo and use it with succes?

Thank you in advance. I will provide any info that anyone might need.