Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-H61N-USB3, Celeron G530, F5 bios, minimum offset only -0.2V?

fommof

Greetings...

I finalized my "green" (low consumption) pc at the weekend, a GA-H61N-USB3, G530 cpu, 60Gb ssd, slim optical and two sticks of 2Gb ram.

Everything went ok, did some stability tests and got some measurments in order to fine tune it to my needs...

The mobo came with the F2 bios.

First question is why the minimum offset (dvid) is only -0.2V? You guys give a large range of positive offset values but imho not enough negatives. Being realistic i would guess that more of the customers that will buy that specific mobo are interested in power consumption (htpc, download pc, everyday usage pc for browsing and light apps like office etc) than overclocking...

Some of the measurmements had to do with the idle consumption, with F2 when idling it would consume 23W...

Then i installed F5 (the latest) hoping that somebody gave larger negative offset range...nope, still the same...

Funny thing is that with F5 when idling it consumes 27W...

Each and every bios setting is the same, the configuration (OS, installed/attached devices) is the same...

Anyway, any chance you add a larger range for negative offset (dvid) please?

Thanks in advance.

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
Re: GA-H61N-USB3, Celeron G530, F5 bios, minimum offset only -0.2V?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:08:33 pm »
Budget boards don't usually have many options

You could set a low voltage manually and not use DVID.  If you must use DVID and need a larger range, you can request a special BIOS be made for you, do that here and tell them you do not have any problems, just want a beta BIOS with larger negative options on DVID
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/technical-support.aspx

fommof

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:37:56 am »
First of all thanks for the reply.

Budget boards don't usually have many options

But it's not an extra option, it's just some extra figures in an already existing option...which imho it would make more sense since the chances somebody buying this mobo to OC the heck out of his cpu are near 0%...still the positive dvid range is way bigger than the negative dvid range which makes absolutely no sense to me...

You could set a low voltage manually and not use DVID.

Sure i can but i own a platform that supports EIST. I would only use fixed vcore if i owned a platform that doesn't have EIST capability...

If you must use DVID and need a larger range, you can request a special BIOS be made for you, do that here and tell them you do not have any problems, just want a beta BIOS with larger negative options on DVID
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/technical-support.aspx

Thank you sir!  ;)

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:07:26 am »
Ya, I just meant extened the current options, that should be easy as you mention, especially since it's not adding anything new.

You can use EIST, C1E, C3/C6, ect with manually set Vcore, just so you know it's possible.

Yes, please send them a request, and be sure to make it clear you are requesting a special BIOS and not trying to get help with a problem, just so they understand what you want up front as sometimes language barriers might get in the way :)

fommof

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 11:12:24 am »
Thanks for the infos and your time sir!  ;)

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 05:32:01 am »
Anytime!   Let us know what they say about the special BIOS request, thanks!

Just so you know, they are often busy, so sometimes it might take 3-5+ days for them to reply, please be patient and they'll reply

ex58

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 07:18:55 am »
Try  latest F7 BIOS (released yesterday):

http://www.mediafire.com/?4x1814nvn97y7bl

;D

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 08:09:18 pm »
So, any luck with the above BIOS?   Just checking in!