Official GIGABYTE Forum

Dual GPUs graphics card: Radeon HD 5970, the fastest graphics card on the planet

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
GIGABYTE Presents an Ultimate Immersive HD Gaming Experience with Radeon™ HD 5970 Graphics Card

GIGABYTE dual GPUs graphics card - Radeon™ HD 5970, the fastest graphics card on the planet

<a href="http://d.scribd.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=22702517&amp;access_key=key-47iij6zhhl7r3vufmqo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://d.scribd.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=22702517&amp;access_key=key-47iij6zhhl7r3vufmqo</a>

Taipei, Taiwan, November 18, 2009 – GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today is pleased to launch the latest addition to its selection of premium graphics cards.  GIGABYTE’s GV-R597D5-2GD-B is built using dual ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series GPUs on a single board ­­­­­­­- which are based on 40nm process and advanced GDDR5 memory technology. The GV-R597D5-2GD-B provides for a host of innovative new features including Microsoft DirectX® 11, PCI Express 2.1 technology, ATI Eyefinity Technology, ATI Stream technology, dual mode ATI CrossFireX™ multi-GPU support, UVD 2 and PowerPlay™, and delivers an unrivaled HD gaming experience so gamer can play the latest, most demanding HD titles like never before.

The GIGABYTE GV-R597D5-2GD-B features ATI's latest 2nd Generation TeraScale graphics engine, boasting the power of more than 4.64 teraFLOPS with 3200 stream processors respectively and nearly 4.3 billion transistors. Benefiting from PCI Express 2.1 technology, GIGABYTE’s GV-R597D5-2GD-B can deliver 16‐lanes of PCI Express 2.1 bus interface for high‐bandwidth applications. With 2GB GDDR5 memory, the GV-R597D5-2GD-B provides twice the data per pin of GDDR3 memory at the same clock speeds. Benefiting from ATI Eyefinity Technology, every gamer can run up to 3 displays from a single graphics board and expand the field of view across all displays. End-users can enjoy the ultimate immersive HD gaming experience with innovative “wrap around” multi-display capabilities with ATI Eyefinity Technology. Furthermore, using ATI Stream Technology, end-users can easily unleash the massive parallel processing power of GPU for physics, artificial intelligence, stream computing and ray tracing calculations, and tackle demanding tasks like video transcoding with incredible speed.

To respond to every power gamer for a no-compromise HD gaming experience, the GIGABYTE GV-R597D5-2GD-B is the first to offer full support for Microsoft DirectX® 11 for life-like realism and stunning 3D gaming effects. Gamers can get striking 3D visual effects and dynamic interactivity with DirectX® 11 support, including features like Tessellation, HDR Texture Compression, Multi-threading and DirectCompute. Microsoft DirectX® 11 brings new levels of visual realism to gaming on the PC and gamers can dominate the competition with GIGABYTE GV-R597D5-2GD-B graphics card.

In order to provide the best digital audio/video interconnection between a computer and display monitor or home-theater system, the GV-R597D5-2GD-B is capable of outputting DispalyPort signals. The new generation mini DisplayPort interface supports higher resolutions, richer color depth, and increased refresh rate performance, delivering 10.8Gbps of bandwidth over previous generations of connectivity options such as DVI, LVDS and VGA. With added DisplayPort connectivity on the GV-R597D5-2GD-B, PC gamers are able to play all the latest games on their large-screen home theater displays, providing an audio and visual experience unmatched by any of today’s console gaming systems. Furthermore, the GIGABYTE GV-R597D5-2GD-B is equipped with ATI PowerPlay™ technology for breakthrough power and consumption, maximizing performance per watt by delivering the highest level of high performance when needed and conserving power when the demand on the GPU is low.

For more details of the GIGABYTE GV-R597D5-2GD-B, please visit the GIGABYTE VGA website at: http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Products/VGA/Default.aspx
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
I want!! ;) :D
There's no place like ::1

ETNiES

Dooo want! Any chance of one of these being in the prize for the December quiz!? haha
If I had a hammer.. I'd hammer in morning.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Dooo want! Any chance of one of these being in the prize for the December quiz!? haha

If only I could allocate one of these for the next quiz, it would be great. Anyway I will check the possibilities.

R_N_B

I have a kidney that I can swap .... think about it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

oggmonster

I want crossfire...can I function with 0 kidneys? ;)

R_N_B

I want crossfire...can I function with 0 kidneys? ;)

Oggmonster you will have to give you liver too -  ;D

I would have offered mine but no one would want it.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
(...)
Oggmonster you will have to give you liver too -  ;D

I would have offered mine but no one would want it.

Why ? ;)

R_N_B

Picture says a 1000 words I guess.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Yes, indeed.
 :) That's what I expected  :D

BTW is this really your PC chassis ?  ;)

R_N_B

Well you have heard of water cooled systems before, I just took it to the next logical step here at work.    :P

oggmonster

PC that pours beer, that combines the 2 best things in the world into one! ;)

Pottypete

Now thats what I call constructive modding mate 8)
Dual purpose I Hope
Insert 1 cd for half 1 dvd for pint yeeeh! ;)
Bet the floppy don't work after a few of them, and the memory gets soggy, :-*
Reckon we need a Case modding photo galery on the forum, runn3r!

Hey like the new card as well, thats a monster,
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:06:34 pm by Pottypete »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
(...)
Reckon we need a Case modding photo galery on the forum, runn3r!
(...)

Thanks for idea :), I will use it

Badbonji

PC that pours beer, that combines the 2 best things in the world into one! ;)

Wouldn't it get warm :P

I hope to order one of these unless Fermi is released anytime soon...
Core i7 965 @ 4.35Ghz 1.37Vcore
6Gb G.Skill 1600Mhz DDR3 @ 1740Mhz 8-8-8-20 1T
HIS HD5970 @ 800/1100
Gigabyte Extreme X58
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty
256GB M4 + 150GB Raptor
EK Supreme HF/GTX480/MCP655/EK Res :D