Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-EP41-UD3L Ram Slots Issue

Nobber

GA-EP41-UD3L Ram Slots Issue
« on: November 18, 2009, 08:00:08 pm »
Hello I've just bought a Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L for my media centre at home, have been buying Abit for years without any issues, thought I would give Gigabyte a go, but I'm starting to regret my decision...maybe I'm doing something wrong

I have a dual core pentium (win 7 64bit) 5300 installed + Kingston 2 * 2GB DDR2 667mhz of ram in slot 1 and 3 everything works fine, when I put 2 Geil 1GB 667mhz sticks in slot 2 and 4 the board won't post...The Geil sticks work ok in slot 1 & 3 so I know they are ok

Am I missing a setting for slots 2 and 4

thanks
Nobber

ETNiES

Re: GA-EP41-UD3L Ram Slots Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 01:12:52 am »
hmm its not normally not good to mix and match your ram like that, This could be a voltage issue, they could both be needing different voltages, and afaik you can only set one voltage in BIOS.
If I had a hammer.. I'd hammer in morning.

Nobber

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 01:43:57 am »
Hello thanks for the reply, so are you saying that unable to post and re cycling are symtoms of different voltage requirements by the ram?

Problem is the Geil memory has 1.8v on it and the Kingston sticks need the same according to their website

any other ideas, thanks

If I was 100% confident I would go out and buy identical but I just think I will be in the same position

Nobber

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 08:43:40 am »
Ok well I think the problem is the single double sided memory limitation of this board...I must check some of my old Abit boards I'm sure they didn't have this limitation! looks like I'll be going back to ABIT

Nobber