Anyone had this probleb, sily question of course you have
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

JRAID 117 Windows event log

JRAID 117 Windows event log
« on: April 08, 2012, 11:03:00 am »
Hi all on Gigabyte Forum,

X48T-DQ6 on Windows 7

Has anyone resolved the JRAID 117 Windows event log error?
Those that have it know the score, the MoBo locks or freezes then you have to reboot.
There are many threads and many uncertain fixes on the web for this of which I am loath to use.
However, for me the core of the problem is with the GIGABYTE  JMICRON GBB36X SATA2 Driver that was shipped with the MoBo. The same driver & version resides on the Gigabyte website today. This is the driver for the Gigabyte SATA2 on board chip for the X48T-DQ6 MoBo.
Many talk simply about updating the driver but equally as many people say this does not work? Then again looking for a genuine updated JMICRON GBB36X SATA2 Driver is like looking for a needle in hay stack?

A fix that makes sense to me is to simply swop the JMICRON GBB36X SATA2 Driver for a basic Windows generic driver in Device Manager under Storage Controllers.  Load in the Windows “Standard dual channel PCI/IDE controller”, sounds easy I know but I just cannot find this controller even if opt to pick form a list on my Windows hard drive.

Therefore two questions as follows:-

1.   Anyone tried loading the “Standard dual channel PCI/IDE controller” in the Update driver section of Storage Controllers and device manager? If so how or where did you get the Standard dual channel PCI/IDE controller” driver from and did it work?

2.   Have come across an alternative successful fix for this problem?

Thanks
Memory Man