Official GIGABYTE Forum

installing Windows 7 - 64 Bit (MBR Part Table) - Motherboard: GA-H61MA-D3V

I'm trying to instal Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit in a brand new system, when I try to choose the partition for installation I get the following error:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks"

Someone told me that I have to find the option to deselect EFI Boot disk in BIOS Boot order so that you can install to an MBR HD

Can anybody guide me through using a Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D3V GEN3 ??

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.40GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D3V GEN3
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:03:32 am by rominho »

Ben

Hi there & welcome.

I don't have your system, but just for starters are you using a 64 or 32 bit dvd to install this as you will need the 64 bit for your system, the reason I am asking this is I purchased a dvd for my win7 64 bit & I was given a 32 bit by mistake, didn't know this until I tried installing, as my old system was a 64 bit Vista.

You should be able to turn on/off EFI at the bios.

Also what drive are you using to install the OS, Blu ray or DVD?

As sometimes the BR can conflict with win installs.

Do you know how to get into bios on your system?

Hope this helps, if not I am sure there are others here who will guide you more.

Ben
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3
i7 2600 (4.00GHZ)
Ripjaws X 2@8GB XL (1.7V)
Kingston Blu Hyper 2@2GB (1.7V)
Corsair TX 650
HD 6870 1gb
blu ray + dvd
1T wd hdd
500gb WD hdd
Gigabyte Armor+MX case
Noctua air cooling (4 fans)
AOC 27'
Win 8 pro Full

Hi there & welcome.

I don't have your system, but just for starters are you using a 64 or 32 bit dvd to install this as you will need the 64 bit for your system, the reason I am asking this is I purchased a dvd for my win7 64 bit & I was given a 32 bit by mistake, didn't know this until I tried installing, as my old system was a 64 bit Vista.

You should be able to turn on/off EFI at the bios.

Also what drive are you using to install the OS, Blu ray or DVD?

As sometimes the BR can conflict with win installs.

Do you know how to get into bios on your system?

Hope this helps, if not I am sure there are others here who will guide you more.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for replying.
As a matter of fact I've got both a 32bit and a 64 bit install disc (both DVDs), the 32 bit install will install without a hitch, I only get that problem with the 64 bit install.
I know how to get the BIOS (hit Delete at startup), but I can't find the option to turn on/off EFI at the bios.

Ben

Other possibility is have you configured the bios for 64 bit?

If you can run the 32 bit then 64 should be no problem.

I have downloaded the data regarding your mobo to see if I can pinpoint your problem.

Also try out this "You tube' site it gives a video rep on installing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbyGTwa3UXY&feature=related.

Hope this helps.

Ben.

PS. Please let me know how if you get it to work.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3
i7 2600 (4.00GHZ)
Ripjaws X 2@8GB XL (1.7V)
Kingston Blu Hyper 2@2GB (1.7V)
Corsair TX 650
HD 6870 1gb
blu ray + dvd
1T wd hdd
500gb WD hdd
Gigabyte Armor+MX case
Noctua air cooling (4 fans)
AOC 27'
Win 8 pro Full

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
The option that you are looking for is in the BIOS in Advanced BIOS Features. Look for EFI CD/DVD Boot Option.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

The option that you are looking for is in the BIOS in Advanced BIOS Features. Look for EFI CD/DVD Boot Option.

You beauty!  :)