Official GIGABYTE Forum

3DMark06

3DMark06
« on: November 19, 2009, 09:49:43 am »

GA-M720-US3
AMD 6000+ "@3GHz
EVGA 8800GT 512MB

3DMark06 Score - was 10,400 now 9,350 (Boo Hoo)

Anyone got any ideas why score has dropped?. Here's the story: Fried a cheapo Acer Aspire Mobo, built new PC with new Gigabyte mobo + all the old components,  even when 8800GT is O Clocked to 700MHz, can't get near to 10,000?? Its really annoying as old mobo was PCIE 1.0, new one is 2.0. Is there something I should be tweaking in the Bios to sort this out?? Big thanks for any help on this.

R_N_B

Re: 3DMark06
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 10:12:49 am »
3DMark06 is all about clean OS on the HDD when you are trying to get those extra points. Your ram settings are not as important. Your CPU should be as overclocked as it can be for a stable run. That overclock should be set in the bios. The same with your graphic card. It is better to set your overclock in the cards bios - but that is not for the faint of heart. You will only loose about 60 - 80 points if you have some video-card overclcoking utility running.

Make sure that all services that are not needed are disabled. Make sure that 06 is set to default and that your screen res is the same as the default. Check and see what settings your graphic card is set too with the drivers you installed (performance vs quality).

When I benched 06 I had a simple formula.

Full format of the HDD.
Install OS
Defrag
Install drivers for the chipset.
Defrag
Graphic card driver.
Defrag

Install software 3D mark 06.
Defrag.
Reboot.
Run script that killed all services.
Run 06.
Reboot and repeat till I got a boost in score.

Crazy I know but it works - I consistently got 200 more points than other people with the same hardware.

B

ETNiES

Re: 3DMark06
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 01:23:08 am »
Aa said above loads of things effect the score of futuremark, like programs running in background and the current state of your windows install.
If I had a hammer.. I'd hammer in morning.