Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga-x58a-ud3r Long POST time

Geode

ga-x58a-ud3r Long POST time
« on: September 01, 2013, 08:53:48 pm »
I have been living with this problem for a couple years, but now I am doing a PC refresh, and do not want to live with it for another 2 years. I need to solve or replace my motherboard at this point.

From the time I push my power button until the time I see a windows LOGO is about 2+ minutes. The majority of that time is spent waiting for the memory test to display its results. I am not sure if the memory test is where it is slow, but it appears to do nothing, and then display my memory info. 

I get no errors, and my PC is fine after boot up, but I feel this boot up time of almost 3 minutes total is too long.

About my system:
ga-x58a-ud3r
i7-2.8 GH processor
Boot Drive is a HP SSD Drive - (This issue is before drives are even detected)
video GTX760
mem ADATA 6 GB ddr3 1600 - I am wondering about compatibility for this memory

I have upgraded the BIO's to the latest using the Gigabyte Bios update software - Award Software F7

Is it normal for the POST to take a 2-3  minutes? I see on some posts it taking only 20 seconds.

BIOS settings:
Enabled SMART QuickBoot
Disabled Logo

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: ga-x58a-ud3r Long POST time
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 10:31:16 pm »
I just tried mine and even with the boot program I use it only takes about a minute to boot. I have four OS on that computer.

I'm  running G-Skill 2000 ghz and it is only running at 1866 ghz because there is no setting foe 2000 ghz.

My Gigabyte x79 takes a long time to boot. But the thing is that I don't really care how long it takes.

Plus has this been with all the video cards that you have used? A-Data is on the list for memory.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.