Official GIGABYTE Forum

Boot Loop issues

Boot Loop issues
« on: April 19, 2012, 06:19:55 pm »
Yesterday i went to update the bios via my mem stick. I have done it plenty of times without any issues. For some reason the bios processor started and as it was going to update it said something on the lines the bios files i had were corrupt, so i restarted my pc, since then its never restarted again. When i boot the mobo all six phase lights come on solid for about 10 seconds and shuts down, it does a boot loop constantly unless i unplug the SSD and reinplug it in which case the pc actually stays on but no screen.I have tried cmos resetting, unplugged 24 pin and all but 1 stick of ram but same issue.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Boot Loop issues
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:58:38 pm »
Hi

By the sounds of it you turned off the system(or rebooted) during the procedure and it has probably deleted the origianl bIOS files, or maybe corrupted them, and now there is nothing to boot from. Try this to kick in the Backup BIOS instead :

You can kick in the backup BIOS by shutting down the PSU from the wall, then hold down your case power button in and then turn on the power supply button, a few seconds later the board will start, shut off the power supply then.   Then you can turn on the power supply again and power up the board normally and DualBIOS will kick in.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Re: Boot Loop issues
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 12:40:58 am »
I tried this earlier before i posted, either im doing it wrong or my board is dodgy.

What i did was turn off whole pc from the socket on the wall. I held the power button down, then turned  the power back on by the wall. The system boots up for few seconds then shuts down. I take my finger off the power button then press the power button. Am i doing  something wrong.