Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77-D3H freezes suddenly every day

Re: GA-Z77-D3H freezes suddenly every day
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2012, 03:35:54 pm »
Im using F14 and my cpu is 3570k. I havent had any freezes. If i leave BCLK on auto, it sets it to 100.1 MHz when i am on stock settings. When i am overclocked to 4.5GHz though and BCLK is on auto, it is set to 100.5, i dont know if it is deliberate or not, i still dont get freezes though.

DanUre

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2012, 04:54:36 pm »
Im using F14 and my cpu is 3570k. I havent had any freezes. If i leave BCLK on auto, it sets it to 100.1 MHz when i am on stock settings. When i am overclocked to 4.5GHz though and BCLK is on auto, it is set to 100.5, i dont know if it is deliberate or not, i still dont get freezes though.

Same here, been on f14 for about a week now with no problems using optimized defaults. OC'd to 4.2GHz for last few days with no problems

alllala

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2012, 01:35:53 pm »
First I have to say I´m undervolting my I7 3770, so there maybe a reason why I still get these freezes with F14, but the weird thing was the freeze I encountered yesterday, since this time the reset button of my Case didn´t work.
So what could it be, that the motherboard ignores the reset pin? Is it even possible, that an undervolted CPU can cause an error that freezes the motherboard in that way?

fjive

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2012, 10:10:22 am »
Hello, my 2 weeks old PC is also having the same random freezing issue.
Upgraded bios to F14, set to optimize default (ACHI, BCLK 101.10), but still getting freeze. Just that it happens less frequent, about once or twice a week. Hope Gigabyte release a new bios update to fix this, getting really annoying to hard reboot each time.

i5-3570 (Stock)
Z77-D3h
2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Ddr3
Crucial M4 128gb
Seasonic S12 II 620
Sapphire 7870 OC

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2012, 09:35:59 pm »
Hi all. I bought this motherboard also less than a month, the GA-Z77-D3h and i5-3450 with 2 x 4 GB Kingston Hyper to 1600Mhz, Geforce GTX460 OC, PCI sound card Xfi gamer fatality. At first I had the same problem! and I had thought that only happened to me! But after many freezes and testing ... works in the bios F14 leaving all values ​​"default". Since yesterday I have not had a freeze. the BLCK is 100.1 if in order, therefore, understand that there is the problem. Honestly, I THINK the problem comes because of their "movements of voltages and frequencies." I hope that they get ANOTHER review to use this board to make "someday" OC. Greetings and to your hopes.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:30:26 pm by fortizvi »

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2012, 09:58:34 pm »
This is bad luck ...
Just after writing the message on this website at the desk reading emails, I froze and I rebooted the PC using a hard reset. I just put the CBK to 100.1 and I hope it does not re-hung. Gigabyte should understand that returning the money. If I have another take her to hang LifeInformatica Barcelona, Spain which is where I bought this damn board.
Greetings and to your hopes.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:29:19 pm by fortizvi »

Pjottr

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2012, 12:03:09 pm »
I halve also reboot problems with this mainboard.
An i7-3770 with GA-Z77-D3H with blue vengance memory 16GB (4x4gb)
BUT: i have found some conclusions for my situation.
When i upgraded from firmware F8 to F14 it the real trouble began.
First it rebooted once every evening and with F14 i can't start my os without a reboot.
BUT: i managed to get it working (weeks without a reboot)
The following  is (i my situation) happening: the reboots only happen when 4 memory modelus are on the board.
When i remove 2 of them the machine is stable. It makes no diffences in which slot i put them.
Now i have it stable with 4 modules. I took 2 memory modules of an other machine 2x2GB and put it too with the 2x4 modules and everything is ok.
I strongly believe the problem is in the kind of memory you put into the machine (or the combination)
Next step is (for me) to try the 100.1 manual setting with the blue vengance module.
I find it also strange that the 1600mhz modules stay on 1333mhz whatever i do.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:05:27 pm by Pjottr »

alllala

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 06:31:09 pm »
I had issues with my memory too, with 4x8GB installed. I could solve the issue by accident, because of memtest86+ crashed always when boot with my underclocked CPU.

If you updated your Bios, you can try to load the default setting in the Bios and then change every Option like you want them, too. After that i only had 1crash in Windows in weeks, and memtest86+ seems to run error free, instead of before loading the default Bios settings.

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2012, 12:04:40 pm »
Hi all:

I confirm that the solution to freeze the system is:
1. optimized BIOS values​​.
2. BCKL to 100.10 MHz
3. VCore --> 1.1 v in i5 3450 (imagine that this voltage is valid for all i5  and 7 right?)

I have 3 days without freezing, suspending the machine for hours, activating it from the suspension, leaving it unattended for hours and playing and giving power to the Max Payne 3.

Other partners involved, that this is going?

I am your wait!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:14:28 pm by fortizvi »

Pjottr

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2012, 11:03:08 pm »
I think there is not one solution for the freezing and rebooting problem.
It varies for everyone with  different hardware.
It is nice to hear that some have found solutions for their own problems.

The above mentioned is NOT working for me.
I have a situation which is stable. But i can't get it to work with 4 of the same type of modules.
(Corsair Vengance Blue: Quad pack)
When i change my BLCK to 100.10 the troubles begin.
I can't even reach the login screen and the system hangs.
Logfiles: kernel power failure ID41

Now i have only 1 problem: to get it work with 4 slots of memory of the same type.

For me with i7 3770, blue vengance: cmz16gx3m4a1600c9b, Antec current gamer 620W, GA-Z77-D3H,
BIOS F14 optimized values (everything auto) (BLCK = auto)  
Running without a freeze in weeks, even when i game in HD for hours.

Are there others who have the same memory as i do?

PS i have changed the memory clock settings to 1600mhz and that looks good too!!! fingers crossed!!!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:09:11 pm by Pjottr »

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2012, 09:18:32 am »
I think there is not one solution for the freezing and rebooting problem.
It varies for everyone with  different hardware.
It is nice to hear that some have found solutions for their own problems.

The above mentioned is NOT working for me.
I have a situation which is stable. But i can't get it to work with 4 of the same type of modules.
(Corsair Vengance Blue: Quad pack)
When i change my BLCK to 100.10 the troubles begin.
I can't even reach the login screen and the system hangs.
Logfiles: kernel power failure ID41

Now i have only 1 problem: to get it work with 4 slots of memory of the same type.

For me with i7 3770, blue vengance: cmz16gx3m4a1600c9b, Antec current gamer 620W, GA-Z77-D3H,
BIOS F14 optimized values (everything auto) (BLCK = auto)  
Running without a freeze in weeks, even when i game in HD for hours.

Are there others who have the same memory as i do?

PS i have changed the memory clock settings to 1600mhz and that looks good too!!! fingers crossed!!!

Hi,
after 4 days, I just wake up the computer I did stop for 7 hours at night, and I have been freezing the system. Now I'm testing the option that I have commented to disable support for C3/C6.
I'll report if I have any more freezing.
Greetings and thanks.

Gigabyte has told me:
Thank you for your kindly mail. We are sorry that we do not have BIOS customization service. About the issue you mentioned, after load BIOS optimized setting, please only disable power saving option, [C3/C6 State Support] and see how it works.

If the system works fine with default setting, then the motherboard is working properly.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

Pjottr

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2012, 10:44:04 pm »
Fortizvi you are my HERO!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you, it works.......
Maybe to soon to be sure,  but it works for some hours now.

This looks like THE solution for me!!!

Running now with 4 slots of Blue Vengance total of 16GB.

Let's try this a little longer to be sure.

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2012, 11:06:44 pm »
Fortizvi you are my HERO!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you, it works.......
Maybe to soon to be sure,  but it works for some hours now.

This looks like THE solution for me!!!

Running now with 4 slots of Blue Vengance total of 16GB.

Let's try this a little longer to be sure.

Hi!!
I am going to change my motherboard on the other the same! because I could be a batch problem ... I've been told I exchange it for another one. Tomorrow will ride and try it with default values and default all to see if it was a mistake of some motherboards this model ... is either a configuration problem.
We are working with what I said the C3 and C6?
Greetings and waiting
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:07:48 pm by fortizvi »

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2012, 02:06:59 pm »
Hi!
I just changed the motherboard, and all morning installing Windows 7 x64 after 3 hours, the machine has frozen me ... using the F14 Bios, default settings optimized, integrated graphics enabled, and also with the external graphics card. I have two screens connected, one in the integrated graphics card and one on the external graphics card gtx 460 using the system Luvid MVP. Could this be the problem of my freezing? since I have changed the microprocessor and 3550 and now I have the motherboard changed by the same GA-Z77-D3h. Also say, I've used the "stop" to check if it was so ... and half an hour after the suspension was reactivated when the PC is frozen. Now I disabled the C3 and C6, to see if it is also because of that ...
Thank you and to your expected

Pjottr

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2012, 07:59:44 pm »
 :-\ :-\ :-\
After hours of stress testing and heavy gaming/video editting the system was still without any failure, until today out of blue the by doing nothing special a blue screen appeard. (PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x0000004E)
Then i rebooted the system and within 15 minutes another blue screen (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x 0000000A)
I made a big step forward but it is still not perfect.
The logfiles indicate again as before Kernel Power  failure ID41.
 ::) ::)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:25:13 pm by Pjottr »