Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77-D3H freezes suddenly every day

G3D

Re: GA-Z77-D3H freezes suddenly every day
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2012, 10:33:09 am »
I'm getting this issue as well, tried the suggestions but don't seem to work in my case.

If my machine locks up it is within 1-2 hours of me restarting it, if it doesn't lock up it will be fine until I restart it (patches etc) can stay up for 2 weeks without issue and then freeze within an hour of restarting.

crimps

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2012, 11:35:04 am »
Dear all,

I'm owning this MoBo since end of June 2012. First everything was ok. Then the mentioned freezing occured more and more.
In August I wasn't even able to re-install windows, since random crashing occured during the setup.

I was also in contact with GB-support, but I've already tested and tried out everything they suggested.

When BIOS F18 came out I flashed it and was able get the system stable again(with help of the hints in this thread).

Then everything was fine for some weeks, but now the random freezing is back with the same sympthoms - Nothing helps(resetted BIOS, checked Mem/HD, played with different BIOS options, etc.). My other HW is definitively ok, the only thing left is this strange MoBo.
As I see, other users are expieriencing similar problems. System is quite unusable for me now. If there's no solution for this issue during the next few weeks, I'll return this piece of HW.
Anyhow, I'm still hoping that someone has THE idea.

Does anyone have expierience with the F19b BETA Bios of this MoBo???

Regards
Crimps

PS:
This are the specs of my system:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550
MoBo: GB GA-Z77 D3H (F18)
RAM: Corsair Dominator 1600 8GB DDR3 - running at 1333 MHz
GK: Gainward Nvidia GTX 560 Phantom
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 520W ATX23/But I tried a 600W PSU also without any changes of system behavior
HD: Hitachi 2TB HDS723020BLA642
AND for testing reasons
an old Maxtor 250 GB 7200 SATA2
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:13:26 pm by crimps »

Del

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2012, 10:03:28 am »
Fighting a losing battle m8  Gigabyte don't give a s*** once they have yer ££.

I'm have the same problem , unusable board and no support.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crimps

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2012, 07:29:28 pm »
hmmm, I'm confused...  ???

I flashed the F19b BIOS without any inprovement of the situation... So I went back to F18, reconfigured the old stable options(C3/C6 disabled, deactivated ErP, increased Vcore slighly, set BCLK to 100.1 and some minor changes) and voilá: system is running stable again. Not even one freeze in three days of intensive testing. I will not touch any of my configured BIOS options to get an idea what's the key to the problem, because I'm afraid to get my system unrunnable again(You know: never touch a running system  ;) ).

We'll see how long this state will last.
Maybe someone can reproduce this "fix" ?!

PS: I forgot to mention that I'm using Win7 64bit as OS in my last post
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:56:11 pm by crimps »

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2012, 05:04:16 am »
Adding to the pile, same mobo with an i7 3770k on it, currently testing mems, which by the looks of this thread seems they are going to be fine. Currently F18 mobo is rev 1.0

I switched from asus because i wanted a longer life time reliable HW, not interested in OC, now i am asking my sell if that was a mistake.

alllala

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »
At the moment I think to have solved the problem for me. The time spended wasn´t worth the  money saved, but in the end culprit seems to be an hard to detect compatibility issue with the RAM.
 Having installed 32GB I went through an testing Odyssey. Not only does it take a lot of time to run a full test cycle with any memtest program, furthermore not always you will find an error in acceptable testing time (if you need the PC). Those two circumstances with the false impression of solving the problems due to an upgrading of the bios version let me believe to have solved it.

Not to make it any longer. 2 Dimms had compatibility issues. Changing them solved my problem and they now run without any issues in the second build.

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2012, 08:05:42 pm »
Would wish that solved my issue, my components are all on gigabytes approved list. Wandering if its time to get refunded for my money.

Del

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2012, 09:35:21 pm »
yer right  ;)

Del

« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2012, 09:42:00 pm »
at the end of the day , they sold you a motherboard with power problems, and will not  admit it (even though they updated board with new revision 1.1)

How long till you admit there is a build probelm??

« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2012, 01:37:41 am »
I have to agree, we should get refunded and the 1600 labeling be removed from this boards, my sticks will run just fine at 1333, crank it to the manufacturers specs of 1600 and system becomes unstable, auto config, manual config, now i have to "convince" the retailer that this boards dont support 1600 as labeled, and try to get another brand that actually does.

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2012, 11:29:15 am »
Hi, I have a similar freezing problem on a new built I did for a customer. Spec as follows

Z77-D3h Rev 1.0 Bios F18
Intel Core i5 3570 3.40GHz
Kingston 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz HyperX Genesis XMP Memory Kit CL9(9-9-9-27) 1.65V Non-ECC - running at 1333mhz
OCZ 240GB Agility 3 2.5" SATA-III SSD
Using integrated gfx, Windows 7 64-bit
Originally purchased CIT 650w PSU, but it was DOA, so used ACE 550w PSU, which seems ok.
Nothing is OC'd

Have disabled ERP in Bios, and using Windows power management, set to max performance, sleep off, hibernate off, HDD sleep to 6000 minutes (can't see an "off" setting). Can't find where to set c3/c6 states in BIOS, will have another look. OCZ forum suggested a firmware update on the SSD, but as others have had similar problems using HDDs, I can't see this helping. All drivers are up-to-date, Windows updates are up-to-date. One of the Event Viewer errors pointed to an error with AVG, so replaced it with Avast - same problem.

Is it worth doing a firmware update on the SSD? Have I missed anything as far as anyone can see? Has anyone had any long-term joy in solving this?

« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2012, 09:30:27 pm »
Z77-D3h Rev 1.0 Bios F18
Intel Core i5 3570 3.40GHz
Kingston 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz HyperX Genesis XMP Memory Kit CL9(9-9-9-27) 1.65V Non-ECC - running at 1333mhz
OCZ 240GB Agility 3 2.5" SATA-III SSD
Using integrated gfx, Windows 7 64-bit
Originally purchased CIT 650w PSU, but it was DOA, so used ACE 550w PSU, which seems ok.
Nothing is OC'd

Im sorry to tell you, baring a defective hardware issue, this is your problem, this board does not actually support 1600 it supports "some" and only with "custom" configuration.

« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2012, 05:08:20 pm »
Is this the case even with it running at 1333mhz? The multiplier in the BIOS is set to 13.33

Edit:

An interesting note on this. During testing, I set the sleep timer to 1 minute, as at the time I thought it was just a waking issue. After 1 minute, the system went to sleep, and upon awaking, Windows explorer had stopped (no taskbar, icons, etc). So I left it while I carried on googling on another machine, and the machine went to sleep again (1 minute timer). I woke it again, only this time, Windows explorer had resumed. Does this point to a RAM issue?

2nd Edit:

Just spotted that in the specs, the RAM states "1.65v", but in the BIOS it is running at 1.5v (with no visable option to change it). Could this be something to do with it?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:30:01 pm by TheITGuy »

ozyris

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2012, 09:37:35 pm »
I wonder whether the 1.1 revision had anything to do with the freezing problems and the new version is more reliable..

Just spotted that in the specs, the RAM states "1.65v", but in the BIOS it is running at 1.5v (with no visable option to change it). Could this be something to do with it?
In those same specs, what is the stated frequency? I expect those 1.65v relate to the 1600MHz mode. (or higher)
I believe most sticks will be configured to operate at 1333MHz@1.5V by default, though some of the modules may have been rated for higher frequency operation by the manufacturer (and you have the option to set up that operation via the bios.. frequently there is an XMP profile for this from the manufacturer).

P.S. also, I suspect there is an option in bios, that enables access to advanced settings, such as component voltages...

ogy_j

« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2012, 11:26:03 am »
Hi!

I've got some strange thing with this motherboard.

I have the bios F18.
I'm using DVID to put the vcore down to my minimal oc value (0.89v for 3.4 Ghz and 0.732v for 1.6 Ghz). DVID work find but my problem is that BLCK.

I'm running OCCT monitoring to check the BLCK value and the min max is not equals to 100 mhz sometime it goes down to 68 mhz sometime it goes up to 446 mhz but it usually got up to 109 Mhz;

The things is the BLCK is unstable. In the bios it's on Auto value.

But if i put it to 100.1 Mhz, i can't boot into windows, impossible to login. And my data was corrupted when i put back to Auto

Some people told me to put spread spectrum to disable, put i can't find it in the bios so i think is not possible to change this value..

ERP Disable

here 111 mhz

here 446 mhz

and here far cry playing game 88-106 mhz but on openhardware it's 100 mhz, maybe the scan of blck with open monitor is not enought fast

on all this screen, the computer didn't freeze, but on other time it did... randomly

Sometime my computer freezes and for me the problem is that BLCK.... But how to fix it?

thx
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:56:48 am by ogy_j »