Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-UD3H settings help please!

ratchet

GA-Z77X-UD3H settings help please!
« on: May 15, 2012, 03:02:54 pm »
I've recently purchased the GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard and an Intel Core i5 3570K processor as I wanted the Intel 4000 integrated graphics.  I'm building my first PC at the young age of 64.  Thus I have no interest in ever gaming or overclocking.  Having said that, I admit this system, including 8gb (2x4) of RAM is overkill for my needs!

While gathering my parts I came to realize that there seems to be a correlation between motherboard features, price and the number and type of connections.  I wanted internal SATA III, USB 3.0 and a number of fan headers.  Most if not all "H" boards were quickly ruled out as were many of the lower priced "Z" boards.  So I had to purchase a board with many features I'll never use.

I'll enable AHCI when I first power the build, as I'm going to be using a SSD.  Will many of the features designed for overclockers be enabled/disabled by default?   Given that I'll never overclock or game, what BIOS settings would you recommend I enable/disable?  Thank you!

Sorry mods, just realized there was a separate forum for Z77.  I'll copy this thread and you can delete it.  Thank you!   
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:06:17 pm by ratchet »