Corsair Vengence DDR3 16GB
GTX 680
Xonar DG 5.1
2 Crucial M4 SSDs
1 Seageate Barracuda
Lite on DVD burner
Windows 7 SP 1 64 bit
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

I built the system and tested it out of the case before build. I hooked up one SSD and installed OS and all drivers for the hardware once it was in the case. Went through several reboots and system ran for 5 horus give or take. Went to install other SSD and HDD and reboot. Now the motherboard will not post. Here is what I have tried so far: switched sata ports, disconnected the drives, removed one parts at a time down to only having CPU, fans, one stick of RAM, cleared CMOS, remvoed from case and retested, still nothing. Can't get it to post except 1 out of 50 times it will! When it doesn't post it powers up, fan come on full speed, and there is a clicking sound coming from the Gigabyte heatsink where the chipset is located according to the manual. Please help. Sorry for the long read...

Re: GA-Z77X-UDH5 won't post anymore...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 10:04:16 pm »
Hey dude,

I have been having constant freezes / hang ups / wasnt being able to boot to windows with F4 BIOS (very unstable) in this mobo.
If you have any means of accessing BIOS still flash it to F7, this one seems way more stable.

I am still having issues with this mobo and the sleep function, it just turns off my PC lol.

Good luck.