xtremegear 700W p.s.
i7-870 2.93ghz
nvidia gts 450 1gb pci-e
a-data 40gb SATA II ssd
****ocz vertex 4 SATA III ssd****
wd 500gb hdd
corsair vengeance 4gb ddr3 ram
adata 4gb ddr3 ram

I've successfully upgraded the firmare on the ssd to 1.4RC. The computer recognizes the drive and I even installed windows 7 on it however, whenever i turn on the computer with the V4 drive connected the system starts to boot then randomly stops. Then starts again then stops and on and on. Eventually (after probably 15-20 or so power cycles) it starts up just fine. It made me think it was a voltage issue, but i've tried starting with just that drive connected (disconnecting the other drives) and it still has that issue. It resolves when i disconnect the V4. AND i can reconnect it with the system on and the drive is suddenly recognized and works no problem.

I know about the marvell issue on my mobo board, but in all i've read the marvell controller just makes it so the drive isn't as good as it could be not that it stops the whole system from starting successfully. I've researched this hard for the last 4 days and haven't found anything to help. I've tried upgrading the marvell controller but that didn't help either.

interestingly enough in the Event Viewer i have several warning entries for "boot performance monitoring" which say that the "PCIIDE\IDEChannel\5&16241f1c&0&0" file name took longer to initialize.

Short story:
System power cycles with new OCZ vertex4 drive connected, but eventually starts after 20 or so power cycles. Drive is recognized no problem after normal start.

Possibly related issue:
i no longer have the gui boot screen for windows 7. (the flying color balls turning into the flag) I've checked msconfig and that box isn't checked.

needless to say. HELP!