Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68AP-D3 problem with onboard graphics.

Z68AP-D3 problem with onboard graphics.
« on: May 24, 2012, 05:18:36 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just built a computer using the Z68AP-D3 motherboard, i've put it with an intel i5 3.4 ghz processor 8gb (2x4gb) kingston DDR3 RAM a 120 GB SSD and a 2TB HDD.

My problem is that I am awaiting the graphics card and monitors and wanted to get cracking on installing the OS and configuring the computer etc. Upon trying to use the on-board graphics output (HDMI) to plug into my TV I was shocked to see "No Signal" on my tv. However the computer appeared to be running fine, all the phase lights were on, the HDD spun up, all the fans were running (CPU + 2 Case fans).

I then decided to consult the manual in order to trouble shoot the issue. Unfortunately this didn't help the situation. I turn off the computer and decided to try again, this time listening for the beeps from the BIOS and making a note of what they were. I got one long one and two short ones. Which according to the manual means there is a "graphics or monitor" issue. Which I kinda guessed!

I have google'd around and seen various sollutions for similar situations and attempted things such as, removing the bios batt and resetting the bios using the jumper. Didn't seem to help. I have tried unplugging RAM and switching it around as well as the HDD's to see if I can get even the POST screen to show but I cannot.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Your help is much appreciated in advance.

Kind Regards

Salihb

Re: Z68AP-D3 problem with onboard graphics.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 07:02:53 am »
lol...
Did you update the BIOS prior to installing the CPU? (I'm guessing it's an Ivy Bridge CPU, so you have to update the BIOS to at least F7, before you can get a image).

What to do?
1. Install a sandy bridge CPU and update BIOS
2. Go to a local IT-repair shop and ask them to update the BIOS
3. Buy a cheap sandy bridge CPU and use that to update BIOS

After updating BIOS you should have no problems with the cpu and IGP :)
Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3
CPU: Intel I7-2600K
Frequency: 4600 GHz FSB/QPI: 100 MHz Multiplier: 46x Stepping: 7
VCore: 1.32v VTT Voltage: 1.056v PLL Voltage: Default
CM Hyper 212 Evo
RAM: Kingston HyperX
Frequency: 1600 MHz Timing: 9/9/9/24 Voltage: 1.53 v
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB
GFX: GTX560TI