Official GIGABYTE Forum

GIGABYTE IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER?

GIGABYTE IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER?
« on: June 09, 2012, 12:48:22 am »
This is the first time i write a bad review about a company and i won't hide that i am very angry

First let me explain my background : i am not a computer newbie, i have been building computers since over 15 years and i have bought at least 40-50 motherboards for me, my friends and my family. I had various experiences with a lot of companies and guess what ? I HAVE NEVER SEEN A COMPANY AS BAD AS GIGABYTE !!!

My story :
I have bought a A75M-UD2H motherboard from Gigabyte and i had all kind of problem with it. Most annoying problem is that wake-on-usb doesn't work, neither does wake-on-lan and i'm having a LOT of problem with USB ports. Most of the time when i boot my computer or wake it from sleep half of the USB devices aren't working and i always have to unplug and replug them to get them detected. Also having a lot of problem with the HDMI-out : only 720p is working, with any other resolution the screen keeps going all black then coming back continuously...
This is NOT a windows problem (reinstalled it many times) and NOT a bios problem (it's up-to-date and correct settings are enabled). Also NOT a problem with my USB devices (i tryed many different USB devices and they're all having the same problem)

So first i sent back the board to get a RMA. It took 3 months until i finally got it back and guess what ? They just sent me the SAME motherboard, without changing anything and without providing any information. I asked them why they sent me the same faulty motherboard without changing it and of course i didn't get an answer.

So i started a ticket to get tech support, explaining my problems and asking for help... My tech support ticket was very detailled and very polite, couldn't have been better... I NEVER GOT AN ANSWER !!! They didn't even bother to reply me, they just totally IGNORED ME. Not even a generic answer, just NOTHING. So i started another ticket. NO ANSWER AGAIN. And then i started a third ticket in the hope to finally get tech support... STILL NO DAMN ANSWER !!! Not a single reply !!! I also wrote on this forum asking for help, but i didn't receive an answer from gigabyte. Just some forum users telling me to open a ticket in their useless tech support.

Like i said, i have bought MANYYYY motherboards from various company. GIGABYTE IS THE WORST TECH SUPPORT I EVER SEEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE. I have NEVER seen a company ignore their clients like they're doing to me. I have NEVER seen a tech support as bad as gigabyte's.

So what can I do now ? RMA is useless. Tech support is useless. So what am I going to do ? Write a LOT of bad reviews everywhere I can because i am a very disappointed customer and i feel like i got scammed. I will NEVER EVER BUY A GIGABYTE PRODUCT AGAIN. I will stay with Asus and MSI as i have never had any problem with their stuff, and their tech support is awesome. Nothing compared to Gigabyte.

Even if by chance a Gigabyte representative read my message i'm not sure if I want to RMA this motherboard and wait 3 months just to get the same motherboard model again, even if it's still on guarantee. I'm willing to RMA it if you can do cross-shipping and exchange it for another model (willing to pay the price difference). BTW this motherboard is discontinued now, maybe they realised it was junk.
If not then i'm just going to throw this motherboard where it belongs to : in the garbage. I will just buy another mobo from Asus and MSI and never trust Gigabyte again.

Seriously, how the hell is it possible to have a tech support as worse as Gigabyte ? Not even a single answer ! I opened my first ticket back in OCTOBER 2011. That's NINE MONTHS AGO and i'm still waiting for a single answer. Why the hell do you have a tech support if you don't answer your clients ?

Product quality : 0/10
Tech support quality : 0/10
RMA quality : 0/10

My two last tickets that wasn't answered : #1024645 and #1024640
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:12:55 am by runn3R »

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: GIGABYTE IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 04:16:06 pm »
Hi,

Not a single reply !!! I also wrote on this forum asking for help, but i didn't receive an answer from gigabyte. Just some forum users telling me to open a ticket in their useless tech support.

If you were advised to contact GGTS as I seem to remember you were then that was a sensible answer and it is hardly the fault of anyone on the forum that was trying to help you, if you didn't receive a reply. This forum whilst funded and maintained by Gigabyte is generally run by the members and is not generally used by their technical support team apart from runn3R the Forum Administrator to answer questions on here. 

As members we try to help each other sort out our problems and although there are members from all over the world this is a UK Forum primarily.

I seem to remember your original post and the fact that you tried numerous cheap and nasty keyboards. It could well pay to try using a quality keyboard for a start.

Have you got the system set up for a magic packet for the WOL ?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:30:38 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 03:15:23 am »
Sorry i think i didn't explain myself correctly : i'm not blaming anyone on this forum and this is definatly not the responsability of the members of this community to solve my problems. Anyway, since i have tryed each and every single "solution" i could possibly immagine i can hardly imagine how the community could have helped me with a problem that is obviously an hardware problem.

Anyway, does gigabyte representative even read this forum ?

I seem to remember your original post and the fact that you tried numerous cheap and nasty keyboards. It could well pay to try using a quality keyboard for a start.
I tryed with cheap keyboards because i tryed with 3 high-quality keyboards and i was having the same problem. So i tryed with other keyboards to see if the problem was limited to only 1 device. I'm having this problem with ALL usb devices, including USB remote, USB gaming controller, USB microphone, and even an USB hub !!

I have a brand new Motorola Nyxboard remote and i'm having the same problem. I sent back the remote for a RMA to be sure it wasn't a deffective unit, and i'm having the same problem with the new one they sent me.

Have you got the system set up for a magic packet for the WOL ?
yes

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 10:16:35 am »

Anyway, does gigabyte representative even read this forum ?

Yes, they certainly do but when you see the volume of posts daily it would be nearly impossible for them to read every one. We (the moderators) do try and bring to their attention any post that we think is of particular interest but of course after that we don't have any control over what happens.

I tryed with cheap keyboards because i tryed with 3 high-quality keyboards and i was having the same problem. So i tryed with other keyboards to see if the problem was limited to only 1 device. I'm having this problem with ALL usb devices, including USB remote, USB gaming controller, USB microphone, and even an USB hub !!

I have a brand new Motorola Nyxboard remote and i'm having the same problem. I sent back the remote for a RMA to be sure it wasn't a deffective unit, and i'm having the same problem with the new one they sent me.

OK. Make sure that you are using one of the USB2.0 ports on the rear of the motherboard and a direct connection not through any hub etc.

If you are saying that nothing works in these ports then it is almost a certanty that it is a hardware fault unless they have been disabled in the BIOS.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 06:11:10 pm »
OK. Make sure that you are using one of the USB2.0 ports on the rear of the motherboard and a direct connection not through any hub etc.
Yes, I am not using the USB3 ports, and no USB isn't disabled in BIOS

I have really checked everything... It's definatly an hardware problem but i can't get in touch with tech support, and the last time i RMA my motherboard they just sent it back to me without changing anything... I don't know what I can do now...

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 09:33:55 pm »
Leave it with me until tomorrow and I will see if I can get any answer from them.  ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: GIGABYTE IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER?
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:12:37 am »
(...) I opened my first ticket back in OCTOBER 2011. That's NINE MONTHS AGO and i'm still waiting for a single answer. Why the hell do you have a tech support if you don't answer your clients ?

Product quality : 0/10
Tech support quality : 0/10
RMA quality : 0/10

My two last tickets that wasn't answered : #1024645 and #1024640

Hi

I have checked GTS status internally of these questions:

"first ticket back in OCTOBER 2011. That's NINE MONTHS AGO and i'm still waiting for a single answer"
EmailID : 1137683   Sent : 10/4/2011  Reply : 10/7/2011  

"#1024645"
EmailID : 1024645   Sent : 1/5/2011    Reply : 1/11/2011

"#1024640"
this was also replied in time but I doubt if it's your question as it came from China (and it's written in Chinese)

But when I checked through logging to GTS using your email then it seems the last 2 questions are not answered, maybe some system error has happened.
I will report this error to GTS Admin.

Anyway I'd strongly suggest you to contact our US branch directly for help under tel. +1-626-854-9338.  In case of any further problems with this case you can also contact me through PM.

Please let us know the result afterwards.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:05:10 am by runn3R »
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
Re: GIGABYTE IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER?
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 09:12:41 pm »
It sounds as if there has been some sort of failure of communication there. Hopefully now runn3R will be able to sort out something for you. You see we do try to get things done from this section at least.  ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB