Official GIGABYTE Forum

Intel Smart Response Technology Not Working in Windows 8 on Z77X-UD5H

I am using a new Z77X-UD5H board.  Earlier I had loaded Server 2008R2 and ultimately, by manually loading drivers, I got everything to work except my USB 3.0 would only operate at USB2.0 speeds.  I am wanting to use my Z77 as a Hyper-V server with access to my USB3.0 ports and using Intel Smart Response Technology to speed up my VHD drive.  Intel's SRT worked as expected in S2008R2 but not the USB 3.0.

I loaded Windows 7 onto the Z77 and set up my Intel Smart Response Technology to enable acceleration of a WD20FAEX with a Corsair F3 60GB SSD.  It worked very well in Windows 7 and the performance was phenomenal and was confirmed with ATTO.

I then updated from Windows 7 to Windows 8 Release Preview.  Everything appreared to be working well and Intel SRT said it was working but when I tested it with ATTO like I had in Windows 7 I was only getting the performance of the WD20FAEX and not gettting the Caching performance of the Corsair F3 60GB SSD. 

I've tried reinstalling the Intel drivers with no apparent performance effect.

I also cleared the system and reinstalled Windows 7 -- made sure all drivers were up to date and all windows updates done and tested all my drives again with ATTO -- then I upgraded again to Windows 8 Release Preview and while Intel SRT says it is working properly i am not getting the benefit of the SSD caching.  BTW, USB 3.0 speeds are as expected in Windows 8 RP.

Is there something I need to "turn-on" in Windows 8 to enable the ISRT to work properly or update properly from Windows 7?
GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770, 32GB G.Skill, OS: Corsair GT 240GB, WD20FAEX, S2012
GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-930,12GB OCZ, OS: Corsair GS 240GB, HD5850, Samsung 213T & Planar PX2710MW, W8Pro64
2* GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i5-2500K, 16GB G.Skill, Corsair GTX 240GB, WD30EZRX, W8Pro

kangoo

i haven't tested it with win 8 unfortunately so no idea.
i only know gigabyte have special software to enable easier installation of isrt: it's called ez smart response and it should be bundled with the mobo or able to be downloaded from their website
about win 8 better ask gigabyte support at http://gts.gigabyte.com