Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-UD5H(rev. 1.0) Boot loop !

Sambo

GA-Z77X-UD5H(rev. 1.0) Boot loop !
« on: June 20, 2012, 11:53:16 am »
Hello,

I just build my new computer yesterday and the first thing i noticed is that when booting the motherboard is that it goes into a boot cycle. So i pressed clear CMOS and i finally got into the BIOS. I see that the motherboard is on BIOS version F4 out of the box and i start installing windows 7. After installing windows i installed all the tools and drivers from the disk that comes with the motherboard and i also installed BIOS version F7.

I turn the computer off and start it up again a few minutes later and guess what AGAIN the boot cycle where it doesnt even gets into the BIOS screen before shutting down and trying to boot up again. So again i press clear CMOS on the motherboard and it boots to the BIOS.

So i narrowed the problem down to the point where everytime i startup the PC (COLD boot) the motherboard goes into an endless boot cycle.

I started reading on the internet to see if other people have the same problem aswell and it seems theres alot of people having COLD BOOT CYCLES problems with this motherboard. So how can i fix this because i paid alot of money for this piece of hardware and im not a very happy customer right now.

Greetings S.Elariny

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name : GA-Z77X-UD5H(rev. 1.0)
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F7
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : Asus      Model : GTX680
CPU Brand : Intel      Model : I7 3770k      Speed : 3.6ghz
Operation System : Win 7 64-bit      SP : 1
Memory Brand : Kingston      Type : ddr3
Memory Size : 16gb      Speed : 1600
Power Supply : 1000 W

Sambo

Re: GA-Z77X-UD5H(rev. 1.0) Boot loop !
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 05:54:42 pm »
Small update :

I did the following

1.) Set Ram Voltage to 1.550 instead of stock 1.500
2.) Activate internal intel graphics.
3.) set pck clock to 101 instead of auto
4.) Turn off c6/c3 in the cpu advanced features

deinstalled USB3.0 nightmare crap from intel

Installed BIOS F9d

and the board still loops from cold boot  ???

Im a customer of gigabyte products for years now but this is really starting to make me very angry. Im almost at a point where im about to figure out in how many pieces i can break this board with my head :(

Sambo

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 08:35:46 am »
Thx for all the help  :(

But no problem ! I rma'd this piece of €&@t board and ordered an asus board instead.

kl4wisz

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 08:46:33 pm »
Thx for all the help  :(

But no problem ! I rma'd this piece of €&@t board and ordered an asus board instead.

Dont you relize that these boards aren't piece of s***? You probably got a faulty one and exchange could fix all your 'problems'. I use GB boards but Asus DCU2 gpus :) Im actually happy with both companies and where i work i push GB boards because they priced much better than Asus = cheaper system = happy customers :)  Z77X-D3H for example is an amazing board for the value.
I5-3570k @ 4.5 GHZ / GA-Z77X-UD5H / 8GB XMS3 1600 MHz / ASUS GTX670 DCUII / CORSAIR 120GB GT RAID0 / CORSAIR AX850 / ASUS XONAR DX / DELL 2209WA / SILVERSTONE TJ-09 / CORSAIR K60 & SP2200 / RAZER DEATH ADDER & eXactMat