Official GIGABYTE Forum

UD5P front panel audio?

nicolatesla

• what, the rabbit?
UD5P front panel audio?
« on: November 26, 2009, 09:56:13 pm »
My UD5P works just fine, rear audio works just fine
but the front panel audio out (green jack) has no sound. Tried loading latest Realtek drivers, no joy.
Is there a secret to get front panel audio working? Tried fiddling with the utility, but no joy.
Other than that, good board. works much better than Asus. ???
Giga GA-MA790FXT-UD5P, Phenom II 945 X4, Gskill 4GB, Coolermaster, Sapphire HD4870, Velociraptor HDD, 7 fans, Antec 550+, Acer 24" LCD. "I tried Asus, then I bought a real motherboard."

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: UD5P front panel audio?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 10:02:35 pm »
Are they definatly plugged in correctly? Most cases now come with blocks so you can only plug them in one way. In the realtek driver you may have to 'disable front panel detection' or something along those lines
There's no place like ::1

nicolatesla

• what, the rabbit?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 10:11:07 pm »
Are they definatly plugged in correctly? Most cases now come with blocks so you can only plug them in one way. In the realtek driver you may have to 'disable front panel detection' or something along those lines

yes the case comes pre-wired with the correct connector, that can only be plugged in one way, and with another motherboard it worked every time. but when I changed to the UD5P, no audio.
I'm not sure about the detection , I'll look at that, there must be some trick to it. Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate that. NT ???
Giga GA-MA790FXT-UD5P, Phenom II 945 X4, Gskill 4GB, Coolermaster, Sapphire HD4870, Velociraptor HDD, 7 fans, Antec 550+, Acer 24" LCD. "I tried Asus, then I bought a real motherboard."

oggmonster

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 10:19:09 pm »
In the realtek HD audio manager there should be a folder icon which says 'connection settings' when hovered over with the mouse. Click on that then tick the box which says disable front panel detection

nicolatesla

• what, the rabbit?
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 06:01:38 am »
In the realtek HD audio manager there should be a folder icon which says 'connection settings' when hovered over with the mouse. Click on that then tick the box which says disable front panel detection

Oh nice job. When I checked the box that said: "disable front panel audio detection" it started working.
Really appreciate that. NT ;D

oggmonster

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 03:16:07 pm »
Awesome, glad you got it sorted!  ;D I see it quite regularly in my day to day job. It seems to be a realtek issue as the same thing happen with various motherboard/case makes!

nicolatesla

• what, the rabbit?
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 02:17:44 am »
Awesome, glad you got it sorted!  ;D I see it quite regularly in my day to day job. It seems to be a realtek issue as the same thing happen with various motherboard/case makes!

Glad your here oggmonster, two thumbs up and five stars! Nice bike too. ;D

oggmonster

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 03:37:35 pm »
Haha thank you! You're welcome ^_^