Official GIGABYTE Forum

T1125P 3G device not working please help

T1125P 3G device not working please help
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:56:22 pm »
Hey guys, new to the forum.

Just got a question, just bought a T1125P, its got the 3g program installed etc, i put the 3g simcard in and everything bvut cant seem to turn on 3g connectivity.. using the FN button or the smart manager.. just wont turn on.. or even the mobile partnet program wont turn it on.. Am i doing something wrong or is there something i need to install first?

Thanks guys.

rogd

Re: T1125P 3G device not working please help
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 11:56:40 pm »
I think that the T1125P does not come with a 3G module. My T1125N had one when I bought it, but the specs in different countries can be very ambiguous. I've seen the modules on ebay so its always worth a look there.
Whats your opinion of your 1125. I think mine is excellent.
Roger

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 02:05:21 am »
Hey, thanks for that. Im pretty sure it does have it because its got the sim slot and the computer shop i bought it from (my mate) said this is the top of the range t1125.. i7 8gb ram 410m geforce video card etc... its got the program for the 3g thing too.. and all the functions for it.. just wotn seem to turn on... frustrating because its mainly the reason what tipped me over to buy it..

yeah so far im loving it, only got it 2 weeks ago its great so far. the turbo boost helps alot but drains the battery abit haha.. Tablet mode isnt as good as i was hoping.. but still decent enough.

Is there any way to find out how if its got the module in it or not? do all the t1125's come with the sim slot?

rogd

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:10:05 am »
They all come with the slot for the SIM card but not always the module. Take the inspection cover off the back of the machine and you will see if the card is there.
Roger

rogd

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 06:19:28 am »
By the way, I tend to find it easier to use mobile internet by tethering my phone rather than having to buy an extra SIM card. Most mobile internet in the UK is tied into contracts so its cheaper to use my phone.
Roger

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 12:00:28 am »
alright yeah ill open it up and look.. thanks heaps dude. yeah thats what im doing atm.. using my phone but it drains my phone battery so quickly lol.. Yeah the plans here in australia are pretty decent.. 180 bucks for a years use and 12gb data, which is plenty for surfing the web on the go.. and doesnt expire for a year..