Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-945GCMX -S2 and Palit 250GTS 1Gig won't post

GA-945GCMX -S2 and Palit 250GTS 1Gig won't post
« on: December 30, 2009, 05:29:33 pm »
Hi, i recently replaced my 9500gt pci-e card which was working fine with a Palit gts 250 1gig. The card is not recognised by the bios and fails to boot. The fan spins up but the bios reverts to the onboard VGA. I have tried reseating the card and i have tried the card in my friends Abit LG-95C Motherboard and that works fine. I know it's not the powersuplly because i tried that in my friends with this card and that booted fine. I have suspicions that the card isn't truely pci-e 1.0 backwards compatible with my board. However i find it odd because my friends Abit runs the same Northbridge controller. I vaguelly remember having the same problem when i tried to upgrade to a 8800GT a year or so ago. This bloudy board has given me nothing but trouble. Please if anyone knows of a work around let me know before i take a hammer to it.

Thanks
Paul

Sys spec:
Gigabyte GA-945GCMX -S2 Latest Bios revision tried and Beta
E6300
Corsair DDR800 2*1gig
4*500gig Western Digital Sata2 drives
1*32gig SSD Corsair Extreme Drive
550W Q-tec PSU

NB I am using 4 molex sockets from my psu to convert to the 2 6pin connectors required to be plugged into the card.

Pottypete

Re: GA-945GCMX -S2 and Palit 250GTS 1Gig won't post
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:49:37 pm »
hi
have you checked for a bios update,
(I have suspicions that the card isn't truely pci-e 1.0 backwards compatible with my board.)
I think you may have hit the nail on the head from what I can find out, contact tech services
Cheers

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 11:26:37 am »
Hey, thanks for your input. I'm pretty damn sure that's what it is. It does strike me odd however that it does work in my friends board which is the same chipset. I'm going to contact customer services but i don't expect a reply until early -mid January and i really want this card working. So I'm going to try just using one power connector plugged in, i read somewhere this was possible, also i will try putting it in the pci-e 4x slot. Failing that i will just go out and buy another motherboard. Can anyone recommend a reasonably cheap SLI board that definitely supports this card. I preferably need 1 ATA 6 Satas and 1 free pci slot for sound card once 2 gfx cards are installed.

Thanks

Pottypete

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 11:32:40 am »