Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P55A-UD4 setup issue

PeterK

Re: GA-P55A-UD4 setup issue
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2009, 04:20:38 pm »
I tried F6 originally (the latest BIOS) but went back to F5 to see if it made a difference, which unfortunately didn't help.

I've now moved the RAM from slot 1 to slot 4, so now have two 2GB sticks in slots 3 and 4. The BIOS and Win 7 now recognises 4GB total, but only as single channel obviously. Running a memory check now, but would seem that both sticks work OK, and just the slot they're installed in makes a difference. Kinda odd, and hoping it's not a sign of a faulty mobo (note: M.I.T reported that it could see the 2GB stick in slot 1, but it just wasn't enabled - no settings anywhere to change this either!)

If anyone else has any experience of this, would love to hear from you!

PK.

Beekeeper

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 08:18:27 pm »
try to re-seat the cpu.
as i heard that similar problems can be caused by wrong contact between cpu and it's socket.
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 09:00:53 pm »
lol my god there,s some noob answers to there,s questions the problem is ,,,that you have a 32 bit os windows .32 bit can only take the max of 2 gig ...as hard were such as grafix card uses the exstra memmory if you install a 64 bit os you will see alll the memmory ,ps make shore both stick ar in the white sockets not the blue ones

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2009, 02:04:34 pm »
Similar problem for me too with GA-P55A-UD4 and i7 860. Windows 7 64 bit instllad fine but when starting I only get to login screen and there comouter shuts down and restarts.
I found that disabling 'IntelTurbo boost'  in Bios "solved" the problem.
Now I have fond that if I disable  'C3/C6/C7 State Support'  I can have 'Intel Turbo Boost' in AUTO and may machie seems to be stable.

Maybe there are som settings for C3/C6/C7 somewhere.
Or maybe some guys from Gigabyte and Intel should meet, have a few  beers and a nice conversation about 1 and 0. :-)