Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-UD5H and missing back plate

vimes

GA-Z77X-UD5H and missing back plate
« on: July 28, 2012, 09:47:04 am »
Hello

I bought the GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard yesterday and now I have come to build it into my system I find that the back plate (I/O shield) is missing. I have continued to build up the PC (I need it and my suppliers customer returns is not open until Monday) and it seems to work fine. So I am happily typing in this message with my system now.

On Monday I could contact my supplier and he will want the whole package as a return but I'm happy with what I have got and only need the back plate to complete it. It seems a shame to take my system apart to return the full package of a working motherboard when only the back plate needs to be inserted.

How can I obtain this part without having to get a refund from my supplier..?

Thanks for any help. I am in the UK.

Vimes

kl4wisz

Re: GA-Z77X-UD5H and missing back plate
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 08:48:14 pm »
Where did you buy motherboard? It's a shame as you should not take system apart. Just tell your seller to be a human or tell him you will want a refund (u will need to take system apart anyway)  and buy board somewhere else.
I5-3570k @ 4.5 GHZ / GA-Z77X-UD5H / 8GB XMS3 1600 MHz / ASUS GTX670 DCUII / CORSAIR 120GB GT RAID0 / CORSAIR AX850 / ASUS XONAR DX / DELL 2209WA / SILVERSTONE TJ-09 / CORSAIR K60 & SP2200 / RAZER DEATH ADDER & eXactMat

vimes

Re: GA-Z77X-UD5H and missing back plate
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 08:58:17 pm »
Yesterday, after explaining in detail what I would have to do to remove the motherboard, the retailer let me have a backplate. Otherwise I would have just got my money back and then shopped elsewhere.

I just wanted a amicable outcome and thankfully I got that.

I'm glad that I did not need to strip the system down just to return it all. :)