Official GIGABYTE Forum

on/off Charge question

unknown

on/off Charge question
« on: August 11, 2012, 10:27:10 pm »
Hi im new here. I have a question that I have researched on Google and on the forums and i cant find an exact answere. I just installed the On/Off Charge on my computer and restarted the computer. How do i know that the On/Off charge is working and charging my Ipod 3 faster? and which port does it work on?

Thanks,

IF you were wondering about the specs here they are:

AMD 1100t x6 3.6Ghz
AMD 990fxa ud5 Board F6 non updated BIOS
12 GB of 1600MHz ram
HD6950
750Ultra PSU
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:31:27 pm by unknown »

autotech

Re: on/off Charge question
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 01:43:49 am »
 Based on GIGABYTE's unparalleled 3x USB power boost design, plus an entirely new hardware design, GIGABYTE ON/OFF Charge Technology provides a set of white and red colored USB pin headers that can easily be connected to your system's front USB 2.0 ports, that not only act as a normal USB port, but also double as a quick charge ports for your mobile device. It doesn't matter if your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is 
plugged into the quick charge USB port while the system is turned on, in sleep/standby mode, or even turned off, as it always enables you to charge your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

On/Off Charge will also cut the charging time by up to 40 percent thanks to yet another innovative GIGABYTE design. The reduced charging time means it only takes about two hours to fully charge your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, something that would take in excess of three hours using a standard USB port.
Thanks to gigabyte for that answer, and to clairfy a bit it states even front usb ports so it would be whatever ports you have connected to the motherboard heades, How can you tell if it is working time it on charger then use it then time it on computer and remember the results are skewed from the beginning cause you have no way to guage state of charge exactly on phone.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA

unknown

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:33:03 am »
Based on GIGABYTE's unparalleled 3x USB power boost design, plus an entirely new hardware design, GIGABYTE ON/OFF Charge Technology provides a set of white and red colored USB pin headers that can easily be connected to your system's front USB 2.0 ports, that not only act as a normal USB port, but also double as a quick charge ports for your mobile device. It doesn't matter if your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is  
plugged into the quick charge USB port while the system is turned on, in sleep/standby mode, or even turned off, as it always enables you to charge your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

On/Off Charge will also cut the charging time by up to 40 percent thanks to yet another innovative GIGABYTE design. The reduced charging time means it only takes about two hours to fully charge your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, something that would take in excess of three hours using a standard USB port.
Thanks to gigabyte for that answer, and to clairfy a bit it states even front usb ports so it would be whatever ports you have connected to the motherboard heades, How can you tell if it is working time it on charger then use it then time it on computer and remember the results are skewed from the beginning cause you have no way to guage state of charge exactly on phone.

Ok that make since. I hooked up a my front USB ports to this Fast charging port you are talking about and it worked. I was able to charge my Ipod when it was in S4 mode. I have not tried S5 Mode. I do have another question. The I/O shield that came with the motherboard says 3X USB on all the USB ports highlighted in red. So I guess i am still a little confused. Know that I have figured out what port will work for the on/off charge, which port charges 3x? Is it all the USB ports or just the F_USB1 port.

Thanks so much
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:35:37 am by unknown »

autotech

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 12:41:01 am »
You are correct only that one  at the bottom that is red and white The F_ USB1. Now the cool thing is your computer can be turned off and it will still charge using that header not just sleep mode. Now the other usb 3.0 ports when the computer is turned on should charge at the normal or a bit above normal rate but the F-USB 1 is the fast charge.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA