Official GIGABYTE Forum

Just bought an ga-z77-dh3 motherboard plus i5 3570 cpu

Just bought an ga-z77-dh3 motherboard plus i5 3570 cpu
« on: August 12, 2012, 05:45:25 pm »
Hi all.

I just bought a new cpmuter, new pc case,i5 3570 cpu, 16 gigs of coshair vengence mem 1.50v,using me older 4890 1 gig gfx card and this gigabyte ga-z77-dh3 motherboard oh and a cooler master 750 80+ psu.
Put it all together, press the power on key, all fans start then suddenly stop after 2-3 seconds and turns off, then it reboots itself and keeps doing exacly the same thing over and over again.
So i took parts off troubleshooting, took cpu out and noticed theree is bent pins on the cpu socket, not the actual cpu that's fine.
It all powers up then looses power?
Could this be the cause and will i be able to get an rma for the bent pins as I'm sure i didn't do it i didn't notice at all.

Thanks hope someone can help me out here asa I've filled for an rma off amazon uk where i got the motherboard from.

Re: Just bought an ga-z77-dh3 motherboard plus i5 3570 cpu
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 08:11:35 am »
SAME SITUATION HERE!

I just now bought a ga-z77-d3h motherboard and i5 3570 cpu. It starts and stops over and over. The system fan runs in spurts along with the system, while the cpu fan is mostly off, kicking in for a couple spins every now and then. Mostly it all sits dormant, then starts for a second or two, then dormant again, on and off and on, all by itself!

I tried 3 new power supplies, many combos of ram (always new 4GB sticks) reseated the cpu heat sink with Arctic Silver after cleaning and "tinting" it. At one point it ran for a solid 3 minutes while the screen said the bios was corrupted and so it created a new copy of bios automatically.

This is frustrating! I have built many machines over the last 25 years, but never saw anything like this.

Any glimmers of a solution out there?  Thanks, gigabyters!

Re: Just bought an ga-z77-dh3 motherboard plus i5 3570 cpu
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:53:21 am »
Hi there,

I also bought the same MB but with an i3 processor plus 2x4gb Corsair vengeance sticks.

Rang the retailer who first suggested I update to the latest bios, did that still same problem.

rang back about 20 mins later, this time I was told do do the same as you guys, (check the onboard socket for bent pin(s)), said it was a known fault/problem, sure enough 3 bent pins !!!!! bottom left of the socket.

Told to return it to them in turn they'll return to "Gigabyte" to check.

BTW Originally I put the memory chips into DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets as per page16 of the manual, my power on did the same rear fan working cpu fan not working!!!!! so no dual channel mode !!!! Removed the mem chip from DDR3_2 and boot up OK only 4GB of mem !!!!  replaced the mem chip into DDR3_3 powered up again with 8GB mem !!!!
That was my temp work round till I return the MB back to the retailer !!!!

my response dosen't really help, but now I know I'm not alone with this problem.

Hope you both get reimbursed or a new MB. PS check the pins :-)