Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P with Ati 5770 Slow boot

mjmgig

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P with Ati 5770 Slow boot
« on: August 23, 2012, 06:42:11 pm »
After a fresh install of Win7 64 bit OS and drivers, the computer is booting up really slowly with ati 5770 video card.  I have an 850W Power supply and 2 Sata drives. I dont believe its a power issue but something with the drivers on the ati card. Or incompatible video card with gigabyte motherboard.

Any suggestions on a possible fix?

mjmgig

Re: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P with Ati 5770 Slow boot
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 02:25:19 pm »
Update:

After the OS install and installed all the drivers for the motherboard everything works fine.  I install windows update reboot and still no problems.  But once I install my ati video drivers I perform a reboot and the computer takes about 5 minutes to boot up every time.  I also have the hard drive light pulse and I hear a light tick from either the hard drive or cd rom but not the speaker. 

I tried the following
Unplugged power from all devices except hard drive and video card.
Reset all bios setting to fail safe and optimal
reset video card and inserted the card into another pci exress slot.

Please help I am out of ideas. 

Re: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P with Ati 5770 Slow boot
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 08:31:05 pm »
Hi there,
I too am having the same issue with the ATI 5770 card. It takes 34 secs to find the operating system to boot.
I tested with another graphics card and it immediately found the operating system and booted fine. My mother board is the GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
It would be great if someone knows how to address this issue.

5 mins is very long though, your boot priority is Hard drive and not CD or USB in the bios setup?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:35:13 pm by jaseinny »