Official GIGABYTE Forum

Wake issues GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3) UEFI U1h

Wake issues GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3) UEFI U1h
« on: August 23, 2012, 07:24:09 pm »
Hi,
I recently updated the bios of my mainboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 from BIOS to UEFI (u1h).
Since then i have problems waking my pc from sleep.

When I try to wake it after sleep the system keeps powering on and off again. Display remains black, all I can do is power it off by holding the power button and then start it up again.
This is a big issue for me, because i used to use sleep all the time.

Is this a known problem? If so, will it be fixed in the next UEFI release?

Hope to hear from you.

Re: Wake issues GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3) UEFI U1h
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 03:45:04 pm »
I have a similar problem (same board with U1h) but the PC fails to enter sleep properly. It's set to sleep after an hour, but often can't be woken with keyboard or mouse - as it's fully powered down. I then get a "Windows failed to shutdown properly..." when I power it up. This is not a HUGE problem for me, as it is very fast to boot from SSD, even faster now with the UEFI BIOS. But still a niggle.

What is a HUGE problem is that I can't overclock my 2500K or RAM anymore! Both overclock superbly, but are stuck at stock. :(

It would be nice to get an updated (and non-beta) UEFI release soon, or at least an official (ie Gigabyte approved) method to revert to the old F12 BIOS.

gffmac

Re: Wake issues GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3) UEFI U1h
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 09:38:16 am »
Im having the same issue, there is a way to go back to the old bios, here is an example http://www.tonymacx86.com/181-my-experience-gigabyte-s-beta-uefi-z68-how-flash-back-bios.html