Official GIGABYTE Forum

7970 windforce

7970 windforce
« on: August 25, 2012, 02:33:47 am »
Hi

I have been looking on the 7970 windforce card

And i need to know if the card suport 3 screens setup.
Also called eyefinity

My 3 screens are samsung syncmaster 245B and dont have the new mini display port but the old dvi ports with pins

And i also have an hdmi cable conneted to my tv hdmi port

Now i use a ato 5870 card with an dvi adapter

Is it possible to use 2 dvi adapters in these 2 minidisplay ports ?

Please help me out

Re: 7970 windforce
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 07:21:46 pm »
What do i need to make this card work with 3 screens for my samsung screens ?

mirkoj

Re: 7970 windforce
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:28:00 am »
heya,
7970 windworce have 3 outputs, DVI, HDMI and 2x mini display port.

I curently have 4 monitors attached to it.
1 on DVI, 1 on HDMI and 2 others on 2 minidispaly poart over active Minidisplay port to DVI adapter. You woul dneed something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATI-Eyefinity-Active-Mini-DisplayPort-to-Single-Link-DVI-D-Adapter-Dongle-Cable-/150702340873?pt=US_Power_Cables_Connectors&hash=item23168f3b09#ht_2809wt_1163

From there you can attach it either with standard DVI cable to monitor. If you don;t have DVI input in your monitor (like in my case, I have one VGA and 2 HDMI in monitor) you can easily have adapter DVI to HDMI or whatever you need to connect to monitor. Couple adapters needed but works fine :)

Also I think i saw somehwere cables with HDMI on one side and DVI on another.. I'm not sure if those would work and if there is version with male female config on right sides. be sure to check that.

Let me know if you need more help or if this is a bit confusing. It took me some time as well to get it all working fine.

Shame taht those active adapters are not supplied with cards :(