Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA770T-UD3P(rev. 1.0) PCI-Express possibly broken

GA-MA770T-UD3P(rev. 1.0) PCI-Express possibly broken
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:14:58 pm »
The problem I seem to be having is that the system will not boot from PCI-Express. When I attempt to boot from my Radeon HD 4890 card I receive the BIOS error indicating a problem with the card (1 long and 2 short beeps). I have several other graphics cards that I have tried in the system as well. When I attempt to boot from my Radeon HD 4870 and Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT I get the same error. However for a while I was able to boot fine from my Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT and I can still boot from that card, however the screen appears to have pixelated boxes covering the entire screen. When I remove the PCI-X cards and use an old legacy PCI graphics card I am able to boot fine. So far I have checked each of the video cards by putting it in one of my other systems. The Radeon cards are both now dead (though they were working for a while), the 8500 GT works fine in the other system and the 8600 GT has the same issue. So far I have tried swapping out the PSU and testing each of the connectors for proper voltage, swapping out monitors, swapping out monitor cables, removing all extra powered devices such as HDDs, Fans, and DVD drives, resetting the CMOS, updating the BIOS, and mumbling profanities at the system. At this point I am pretty sure the slot is bad, but I would really like a second opinion. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I built this computer several years ago, here are specs:
(No overclocking just default settings for everything)
Motherboard:GA-MA770T-UD3P(rev. 1.0)
BIOS Ver : F12
CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (running at native 3.2 GHz)
Operation System : Win 7 64-bit  and Slackware 13.37
Memory: G.Skill 4x 2 GB DDR3 1333
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W
Video Card: SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100269VXLE Radeon HD 4890