Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-A75N-USB3 won't resume from suspend

Re: GA-A75N-USB3 won't resume from suspend
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 08:47:58 pm »
U
Insist then , i see no other mean to get your problem fixed ,unless the reseller can send you a similar product that works as supposed ,maybe from another manufacturer.
The tech support interface isn't exactly speedy - expect a reply in a few says.  And getting insistent isn't going to make any friends.

Unfortunately Amazon are now being a right pain saying that I should return the defective motherboard at my expense for a refund less shipping costs.  Looks like I'm being shafted.  Then I'm left with an AMD A4 CPU (and other bits) that are virtually useless.

I would exchange for an Asus F1A75-I motherboard (recommended - as used in my first HTPC) but they're scarce and Amazon aren't offering,  I suspect everyone's waiting for AMD FM2 motherboards. There's only a few AMD FM1 socket ITX size motherboards available right now.  The ASRock has problems and the Zotac is very difficult to find and very expensive.  In retrospect I should have gone for an H61 or H67 motherboard with Intel i3.  They cost a bit more but probably less grief.

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:17 pm »
The BIOS support for your motherboard seems to be amazing 2 official BIOS-es in 1 year and one beta more than 6 months ago. :)
Have you tested the beta ?!
In my opinion you should be able to obtain a BIOS to solve the issue.
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 03:04:47 am »
Did you by chance try the original F1 BIOS?  not sure what fixes you lose, but if it works it may save you some headaches.

Getting any FM1 board at this point will be hard as they are being phased out quickly before they release FM2.  In fact AMD have purposely delayed FM2 release until current FM1 is cleared out.  FM2 was suppose to be released already.

Might just be easier to take a loss now,  worth getting rid of the headache in the long run.  I would have given up a long time ago.  I have had too many experiences trying to fix a problem and losing track of time and missing my return date.

-=Mark=-
ps...  I've been testing my FM1 board and sleep and wake are fine.   It must be a BIOS issue.  I tested in win 7 ult. x64 only. Several manual wake/sleep, plus several auto sleep/wake.
Lian-Li PC-Q06 GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A8-3870K 8GB (2x4GB) G. Skill DDR3-1866 CL8 HD 6550D Antec 450 Platinum (EA-450)

Danger Den Torture Rack Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 i7-2600K 4GB (2 x 2GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 XFX 6870 Double-D Sparkle 700Watt 80Plus Platin

daprofessa

• There's a platypus controlling me...
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 10:11:52 pm »
I have a GA-A75N-USB3 motherboard that I'm trying to build into an HTPC.  It does everything that I want except that it won't resume from 'Suspend To RAM'.  Is there a problem with this m/board and STR?  I have updated to the latest F3c BIOS.

The CPU is an A4-3400 APU with 8G of DDR3.  I'm using Linux Ubuntu 11.04 (server) with a custom 3.5 Linux kernel and AMD Catalyst 12.8 graphics drivers.  The same kernel and software work OK on an ASUS F1A75-I so I'm fairly sure that the problem is not software related.

The system powers down OK but when I restart it there's just a blank screen, no disk access. I've stripped everything out of the system except the CPU & DRAM and even switched the DRAM but it steadfastly refuses to resume.

I've tried AHCI and IDE disk modes and tried just about all BIOS settings but no change.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thanks.

Don't know if you've solved this, but I had this exact same issue, and have finally found an answer (at least one that worked for me).  I had found in another forum that setting the EOCP option in the BIOS to Profile1 would fix the issue.  It did fix the sleep problem, but caused system instability and frequent lock-ups (and no amount of swapping RAM helped either).  Not much of a solution.  First I flashed back to BIOS F2 (was using F3c, but it is beta), which of course reset all BIOS options to default.  Normally I would immediately enter the BIOS and change options to my desired settings.  This time however I let the system boot, and low and behold, sleep now works as it should, and no instability as the memory isn't OCed.  So I went back and began changing one BIOS option at a time until sleep stopped working.  What it turned out to be was the option to select which display device is initialized first.  I had it set to internal graphics (IGX) because that is what I was using, but found leaving it at the default setting of PCI-E graphics (PEG) allows the system to wake properly.  Seems odd, but it worked (at least for me).

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 03:29:46 pm »
I too have been suffering this issue :(

I'm using an A4-3500, with crucial RAM under win 7 x86 (tv tuner wont work in x64)

I checked the initialise VGA BIOS setting, but found it already set to PCI-E. Switching to onboard made no difference. I have, however, just had three straight successful wakes using the failsafe defaults. *crosses fingers* - I hadn't switched BIOSses yet, so I'm still on F2.

Alas, I don't have time for a BIOS option witch-hunt this afternoon, nor time for some proper testing...I'll monitor this thread, and will try to get back to you over the coming days.

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 08:56:08 pm »
My getting back took more than a couple of days because, as it turned out, the issue wasn't resolved: its merely happening less often. From what I can see, this isn't going to be fixed without a new BIOS version :(

It seems to go for several days (perhaps a week) without running into problems, and then have several failed wakes over the next few days... Very strange.

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 06:35:09 pm »
I had a very similar issue here -

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,10479.0.html

I finally ended up replacing the motherboard with Asus, no more issues.