Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-UD3H Boot loop (new bios)

GA-Z77X-UD3H Boot loop (new bios)
« on: August 30, 2012, 06:07:41 pm »
Well,

F17, which is the newest bios revision causes a three-time boot loop if I try to overclock.  I tried tweaking voltages myself incase EasyTune isn't setting them, to no avail.  Also did a general google search and found a few others with similar issues on other Gigabyte motherboard with this new bios revision.  I have a few issues here, and I've emailed Gigabyte.

Their lack of detail in the description is disturbing, to say the least...  "Improve system compatibility" "Improve VGA compatibility", to give two examples.  Improve compatibility with what? How? All I've gained is more issues.  The reason I updated the bios is that even though my video card is off on RMA, my EVGA GTX570HD was causing freezing with this new MB/CPU/Mem setup.  Saying "VGA Compatibility" left me wondering...do they mean the onboard or other cards? Also, "System Compatibility", do they mean with a video card? with memory? with the user? It's such a blanket statement it very well could be fabricated.  I've asked them all this in an email, and I'm wondering what the response will be.  Maybe someone here has more knowledge? 

Re: GA-Z77X-UD3H Boot loop (new bios)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 03:48:12 am »
My Exact letter to Gigabyte:
As of the last bios update, F17 I am no longer able to overclock. It results in the system rebooting automatically before any display three times then if I go into bios it says unstable due to overclock. I know for a fact it worked fine before. Also, your bios revision description page is rather uninformative, to say the least. "Improved system compatibility" "Improved VGA compatibility"...with what exactly? Under what circumstances? Without further detail these are false claims, not to mention the latest bios (though I know I can roll back) has created more issues. Please respond with detail as to what the bios revisions fix and update compatibility with, exactly and also if you are aware of my issue, when a fix will come out. Thank you.

Their Response:

Dear Customer,

These are improvement at default specs, when overclocking results are not guarantee. If the previous version are more stable with your overclocking results you can revert back to the older bios version

Amazing.  Now I've replied:

Which default specs? Please be specific.

Also, wonderful Engrish they speak. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:48:57 am by chilinmichael »