System specs 1st-
gigabyte z170n gaming 5
I7 6700k
Crucial ballistix sport ddr4 2400mhz (4*4gb) 2 sticks used at a given time
Silverstone sst-st75f-g 750w
Corsair hydro series H90 cooler
Samsung sm951
Evga 980ti hybrid
Silverstone cp04 pwm fan controller for second fan on h90 rad for push pull.
Details of the problems faced:
When I first assembled the system I was getting black screen but h90 fan and pump ran fine and audio led light up for a few seconds and then shut off followed by loops of powering on n off(for a second or two).
After checking cables, re seating ram sticks, changing ram sticks using one ram stick in slot_1(all 4sticks) I finally found the problem to be a bend pin on CPU socket. I straightened it out and re assembled the pc and it worked.
Updated the bios, installed windows on m.2 sad without issues and updated all drivers and installed apps/utilities from gigabyte support page. The pc worked fine for 5 days and yesterday I bought new fans for my case and to replace fans on my gpu n CPU rads. After installing all the fans when I tried to boot the system it didn't even powered up the rad fans and pump like before, nothing at all. I case see optical mouse's light lit up. The USB cable attached to the mobo charges phones but not powering the system . The fan on thru PSU is not turning as well.
What all I have done till now:
1replaced the mains power cable for the psu. replaced the 24 pin and 8pin cables with those from short cable set by Silverstone. Changed the orientation of the cable connectors 
2 removed and reseated the CPU. Remove and re applied thermal paste.
3 removed all new fans and pwm box and only connected 4pin rad fan and 3pin pump.
4 reset cmos by connecting 2 pins of cmos_clr. Last night I removed cmos battery for about 10 minutes.
5 removed all parts from the case and assembled motherboard,cpu,rams on a cardboard notebook (attached standoffs to the motherboard and placed it on the cardboard)
6 added and removed the ssd.
7 tried all 4 ram sticks in double channel and single channel configuration.

I m out of ideas now.
Any one has any ideas?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Re: super problematic z170n gaming 5
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 03:41:54 am »
System specs 1st-
gigabyte z170n gaming 5
I7 6700k
Crucial ballistix sport ddr4 2400mhz (4*4gb) 2 sticks used at a given time
Silverstone sst-st75f-g 750w
Corsair hydro series H90 cooler
Samsung sm951
Evga 980ti hybrid
Silverstone cp04 pwm fan controller for second fan on h90 rad for push pull.
Details of the problems faced:
When I first assembled the system I was getting black screen but h90 fan and pump ran fine and audio led light up for a few seconds and then shut off followed by loops of powering on n off(for a second or two).
After checking cables, re seating ram sticks, changing ram sticks using one ram stick in slot_1(all 4sticks) I finally found the problem to be a bend pin on CPU socket. I straightened it out and re assembled the pc and it worked.
Updated the bios, installed windows on m.2 sad without issues and updated all drivers and installed apps/utilities from gigabyte support page. The pc worked fine for 5 days and yesterday I bought new fans for my case and to replace fans on my gpu n CPU rads. After installing all the fans when I tried to boot the system it didn't even powered up the rad fans and pump like before, nothing at all. I case see optical mouse's light lit up. The USB cable attached to the mobo charges phones but not powering the system . The fan on thru PSU is not turning as well.
What all I have done till now:
1replaced the mains power cable for the psu. replaced the 24 pin and 8pin cables with those from short cable set by Silverstone. Changed the orientation of the cable connectors 
2 removed and reseated the CPU. Remove and re applied thermal paste.
3 removed all new fans and pwm box and only connected 4pin rad fan and 3pin pump.
4 reset cmos by connecting 2 pins of cmos_clr. Last night I removed cmos battery for about 10 minutes.
5 removed all parts from the case and assembled motherboard,cpu,rams on a cardboard notebook (attached standoffs to the motherboard and placed it on the cardboard)
6 added and removed the ssd.
7 tried all 4 ram sticks in double channel and single channel configuration.

I m out of ideas now.
Any one has any ideas?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Same problem as me. What I did to "fix" it was install some cheap 2133 RAM alongside a stick of the faster RAM then manually set the memory speed multiplier to 21.33. You can then remove the slow RAM and install the rest of your fast RAM and try to raise the multiplier. I've been able to run at 2400MHz but I've read that some others haven't been able to POST with anything higher than a 21.33 multiplier.

I know this is an old thread but I hope this helps someone that may be having the same issue.