Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga7n400 pro2 rev1 question... any help please..

ga7n400 pro2 rev1 question... any help please..
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:00:19 am »
Hi all,

my first post here so please b gentle...

I know its showing its age but its been pretty good up until now,
well I recently upgraded from an 2600 xthlonxp to an barton 3200, and this is where my problems start, it has a tendancy to randomly crash, for what seems to be no apparent reason, I have used the latest version of "burnintest" on several occasions and it never fails, then suddenly half an hour later when the machine is sitting idle, bang... black screen, pc still running, hard drive light staying on, but never a bsod.

I am wondering if it may be to do with the dip switches, at the moment it is set up as [clk_sw is towards ON up position], and [clk_ratio are all in the up position], (in the manual it says that that position is OFF) at the moment in the bios it is running at 100, so the pc thinks it is an 1100. it seems to be stable like this. the problems seem to occur when the bios is set to 200.
could some nice person please point me in the right direction with a pic if poss.

sorry if it doesnt make any sense,   javascript:void(0);

many thanks for any guidance given..

sadsack..     

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: ga7n400 pro2 rev1 question... any help please..
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 01:08:51 pm »
Hi

m/b switches seem to be properly set from what you described, so maybe the problem is old bios or some electrical problem with your power supply unit.
try to change power supply into other one (with higher watts).
upgrade the bios to the newer one, the link is as follows:
http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=1678

luck!
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)