Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68X-UD3H-B3 problems

akos

Z68X-UD3H-B3 problems
« on: September 17, 2012, 10:18:21 am »
hello,

i have some problems with my motherboard.
all worked fine for 6-7 months till this morning when i pressed the power button i noticed that the PC only started for 1 sec then stooped for 2-3 sec then again started... and so 4-5 times until he finally started.
during the start i've noticed something new just before checking for HDD's it said " waiting for ME ready" and counted from 9 to 0.
then it goes into recovery (attached photo)
he got to more than 4000k then reseted to the same problem described before (4-5 resets till actually starts)

i'm trying for more than 4hours for solutions but didn't find something helpful yet.
i even tried to update the BIOS from the actual F10 to F11 or F12 but i dont know why it does not see my files on the USB flash.
i tried to reset the BIOS by unplug and take the battery off.

rest of config connected during tests:
i5 2500k + cooler
seasonic 620W
patriot 2x4Gb DDR3
PS2 Keyboard
160 Gb HDD

Fatman

Re: Z68X-UD3H-B3 problems
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:54 pm »
That looks like a bios that is corrupt and is recovering from the backup. Have you tried flashing and something went wrong?

What I would try and do is if you can get into windows download the latest @Bios from Gigabyte and use that utility to flash your bios to (F12 if you haven't tried to flash to UEFI one) and see if that fixes the problem. If you have that bios already just reflash it. Updating to the UEFI is a different kettle of fish to do......