Official GIGABYTE Forum

Mouse - M7700B problem

taura

Mouse - M7700B problem
« on: September 29, 2012, 10:13:27 am »
I'm having problems installing the bluetooth mouse to my Win7 Home edition. I've updated my bluetooth drivers, they're the latest version. When I try to install the mouse, firstly I get the 0x80070015 error saying that the mouse cannot be connected, and when I try again, the mouse does connect, it asks me whether to use a a code or no code to connect, if I pick to connect with a code, I get an error (obviously, mouses dont use any codes) and if I use connect without a code, the mouse is shown in the "Bluetooth Devices" but it doesn't work at all. Any solutions?

Thanks in advance

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Mouse - M7700B problem
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:35:49 am »
Hi and welcome.

I wouldn't have thought there was much to go wrong with pairing a mouse to the laptop. The only obvious thing that could cause problems is if the batteries are low/faulty, so it might be worth changing these first.

What does it show in Device Manager against the mouse ?
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

taura

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:09:23 pm »
Device manager doesn't show the mouse at all..it only recognizes the touchpad. I'm not sure whats wrong because using it on my friends' PC which has Win7 Ultimate installed, the mouse works properly and it didnt have any installation problems. It only happens to my version of windowses. I doubt the OS has anything to do with it, I'm using the one I got with my laptop so its genuine. Ill try to replace the batteries but I doubt thats the problem either, the LED light flashes when I turn the mouse on. Any other advices?

taura

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 02:25:11 pm »
this is shown when I check the properties of the mouse that windows installs (it doesnt work)

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 02:11:41 pm »
I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

Dink

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 04:10:37 am »
Hi All,

Had one of these Bluetooth mice for a month now , no issues whatsoever , I am running a Tri Boot system XP Pro / Win7 Pro (64 bit ) / Ubuntu 13.1 , on HP 8740w and the mouse works brilliant on all 3 running systems , never have to hit the reconnect button ,just turn off swap OS turn on and it reconnects.

The issues come from Win 7 , you need to change the local service user account password for the Bluetooth service , look on google many people have
a walk through , basically go to SERVICES find the local Bluetooth Support Service and remove the password .This allows the mouse to work before
Windows fully boots , you can use it now to login your password for Windows.

The other bit is this , when loading the mouse search for it but DO NOT hit the next button when it is discovered , right click and choose properties ,
then select services and tick the box for HID mouse and keyboard , it will now connect without having to hit NEXT , BUT this time it will connect as a
STANDARD mouse under properties ( Bluetooth devices , right click your mouse ,properties , Bluetooth ) if you connect normally it will connect as an
AUTHENTICATED mouse causing you to authenticate everytime it connects , this is why you have to turn off/on or hit your reconnect button ,this is Win 7 going crazy on Bluetooth security and NOT the mouse .

Good Luck , this took me a few hours of geeking and many hairs pulled out , have 6 BT mice here ranging from Microsoft BT 5000 / Trust MI 5300m to no name Chinese mice and the only mouse that could do all 3 with no issues was the Gigabyte.

So if you have these issues , remove the mouse from the list of Bluetooth devices and reboot , then try reconnecting my way , and your trouble should be gone , if you need BT at login then you have to do the BT Support service password.

Dave.