Official GIGABYTE Forum

Mouse M7700B connection problem with WIndows 7 64-bit

urosk

Mouse M7700B connection problem with WIndows 7 64-bit
« on: December 07, 2013, 06:00:00 pm »
I am trying to connect the M7700B to a HP EliteBook 8570p featuring the Broadcom 2070 BT radio. The laptop runs genuine MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I am basically seeing the same symptoms as reported in this post:
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=9869.0
Namely, the Windows BlueTooth Device wizard does detect the mouse as "BlueTooth Laser Mouse", it adds it to the list of bluetooth devices, but the mouse never seems to connect (the icon remains "shaded"). Other BT devices (Samsung smart phone, OBD-II adapter ...) connect without problems.
I already tried to uninstall the latest Broadcom bluetooth driver stack and use an older release from HP support site, without any luck.
Furthermore, I have a Linux distribution installed on the same laptop and M7700B works without problems under Linux.

Anybody any ideas?

Re: Mouse M7700B connection problem with WIndows 7 64-bit
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 02:10:12 pm »
I have the same problem with Windows 64bit!

Dink

Re: Mouse M7700B connection problem with WIndows 7 64-bit
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 04:05:21 am »
Hi All,

Had one of these Bluetooth mice for a month now , no issues whatsoever , I am running a Tri Boot system XP Pro / Win7 Pro (64 bit ) / Ubuntu 13.1 , on HP 8740w and the mouse works brilliant on all 3 running systems , never have to hit the reconnect button ,just turn off swap OS turn on and it reconnects.

The issues come from Win 7 , you need to change the local service user account password for the Bluetooth service , look on google many people have
a walk through , basically go to SERVICES find the local Bluetooth Support Service and remove the password .This allows the mouse to work before
Windows fully boots , you can use it now to login your password for Windows.

The other bit is this , when loading the mouse search for it but DO NOT hit the next button when it is discovered , right click and choose properties ,
then select services and tick the box for HID mouse and keyboard , it will now connect without having to hit NEXT , BUT this time it will connect as a
STANDARD mouse under properties ( Bluetooth devices , right click your mouse ,properties , Bluetooth ) if you connect normally it will connect as an
AUTHENTICATED mouse causing you to authenticate everytime it connects , this is why you have to turn off/on or hit your reconnect button ,this is Win 7 going crazy on Bluetooth security and NOT the mouse .

Good Luck , this took me a few hours of geeking and many hairs pulled out , have 6 BT mice here ranging from Microsoft BT 5000 / Trust MI 5300m to no name Chinese mice and the only mouse that could do all 3 with no issues was the Gigabyte.

So if you have these issues , remove the mouse from the list of Bluetooth devices and reboot , then try reconnecting my way , and your trouble should be gone , if you need BT at login then you have to do the BT Support service password.

Dave.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:08:38 am by Dink »