Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68a-d3-b3 with i72600k voltage, Update problem

Z68a-d3-b3 with i72600k voltage, Update problem
« on: March 09, 2013, 03:56:11 am »
I overclocked my i7 2600k to 4.1ghz and it was fine, not knowing how to change the voltage. I updated my z68 to a newer bios version (UEFI/Dualbios) and not the Dynamic Vcore(DVID) is greyed out, I am unable to change the voltage, and now I have new options to change, such as PCH core voltage, system agent voltage...? What is all this new stuff, I want to bring my mutliplyer higher but I keep bsod'ing because I have no clue what option changes voltage, can anyone help? I know this is not an overclocking forum, but I am not asking what to overclock it to, I am just asking which one actually changes the voltage, with the (DVID) greyed out I don't have that option anymore.

Re: Z68a-d3-b3 with i72600k voltage, Update problem
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 07:47:52 pm »
Can someone please help me? I still need help! SHAMELESS BUMP

Re: Z68a-d3-b3 with i72600k voltage, Update problem
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 10:13:17 am »
I'm using a 2600K with a GA-Z68XP-UD3P under the newest UEFI, and my OC is using DVID also. Under Vcore, I have to set it to "Normal" for DVID settings to be accessible. DO NOT TOUCH THE SYSTEM AGENT VOLTAGE. If you use DVID (and possibly CPU PLL), then you should be fine. In some instances, you may or may not have to change the QPI/VTT, controls the voltages that run through to the IMC on the CPU.

It goes without saying that some extensive stability tests should be ran whenever you mess with higher OCs. I always run Prime95 on Blend for AT LEAST 24 hours to be sure. Although most say that 12 hours is enough, I've seen overclocks fail at 13, 16, 18, even 25 hours. You can never be too sure.