Official GIGABYTE Forum

problem on first start up with Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H

Kaane_

problem on first start up with Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H
« on: November 01, 2012, 07:51:32 pm »
I finished building my first PC today (specs at the bottom of post) and when I turned it on for the first time, the fans started up the main bios LED on the motherboard was on. Then it jsut stopped, the main BIOS LED switched off and the backup BIOS LED flashed once and the system turned off. A few seconds later it did the same, only this time the BACKUP BIOS LED was on continuously. Then it turned off, the MAIN BIOS LED flashed and it turned ff again. it keeps doing this until i turn off the switch on the back of the PSU. I have tried, breadboarding, looking for shorts, unplugging everything except the CPU heat sink, but its always the same... I have been told it could be a PSU or motherboard problem, but ive tried 2 PSUs now and i get the same thing. Im assuming there is power through the PSU because the fans start up and everything so im led to believe its a problem with the motherboard..

Can you guys help me?

Kaane_

Re: problem on first start up with Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:57:07 pm »
Sorry, forgot specs.

Intel I7 3770K
corsair TX750
Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H
4 x 4GB corsair Vengeance
1 x 2TB caviar green HDD
CPu cooler hyper 212 evo

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 09:17:06 am »
HI,

Sorry i can't help you, i am facing the exact same problem with the exact configuration.

Do you have any news on this topic.

Best regards,

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 10:29:16 am »
Hello

I have exact the same problem as you have. But I have different system configuration:

Intel i5 2500K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
4 x 4GB Corasir Vengance Memory
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6950 OC
Seasonic X-660 PSU
128GB SSD Samsung
2TB Seagate HDD
Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1
My system (CPU and GPU) is watercooled

I have problem for couple month now. I’ve tried with many bios version (F4 to F19e), but problem still exist. After many weeks I think I’ve found what causing problems. It’s the incompatibility Gigabyte Z77 motherboards with Corsair memory. I have 16GB (4 x 4GB) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9. I borrow memory from two of my friends . I’ve tested Elixir nanya (4 x 2GB) 1600 MHz, and GoodRam (2 x 4GB) 1333 MHz. With those memory my system booting without any problem. I’ve even testet my all configuration on different motherboards (MSI P67A-GD65 and MSI B75A-G43) and everything works fine. So there must be incompatibility with Corsair memory and Gigabyte Z77 motherboards. I’ve wrote to gigabyte, but they didn’t answer me. I’m still waiting. I thin GA-Z77X-UD3H is my last Gigabyte motherboard

P.S. Sorry for my english