Official GIGABYTE Forum

H77 D3H MVP - monitor signal lost + PCIE sleep issues

H77 D3H MVP - monitor signal lost + PCIE sleep issues
« on: November 17, 2012, 11:55:28 am »
I recently built a new Windows 7 x64 system, based on the following:

GA-H77-D3H-MVP
Intel Core i5 3470 (inc HD 2500 graphics)
G.Skill 2 x 8GB ARES 1600 RAM

In addition to the above are a Sandisk Extreme SSD, 640GB Seagate 7200 and 2 different PCIE DVB cards.

I did log a case with Gigabyte for the first issue, and tried everything suggested, except the suggestion to use different RAM; the ARES ram is certified OK with the Z77 chipset so I reckon should be ok with H77 too.

Anyway, the first issue I have surrounds the onboard video and its connection to my monitor (LG W2353V). When the system either wakes from sleep or simply returns to active after the 10 minute display timeout, the monitor refuses to wake up, requiring a power on/off (of the monitor) to get things moving. I'm running the latest Intel VGA driver and the latest (non-beta) BIOS for the board; deep sleep for the video is switched off in the BIOS. I've tried a couple of different DVI cables and thought I had cracked it with a new HDMI cable, only for the issue to reappear. I have a feeling the problem only surfaces once the PC has slept and woken. I had a similar problem with my last Gigabyte board (P55-USB3), with a MSI Nvidia 8500GT, but that was resolved by a new Nvidia VGA driver.

The second issue relates to the DVB cards; I have a Hauppauge HVR 220 and a Avermedia A188, both used for SD/HD TV recording. When waking from sleep, the Avermedia card had disappeared. I fixed the problem by moving it to the PCIE x16 slot, but this made the Hauppauge card completely disappear, requiring a slot swap to the x4. Leaving the cards in this configuration has worked around the problem but it's annoying.

Any suggestions?