Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3: ethernet not working, Realtek driver install fails

tog22

I've built a computer using the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 mobo. When I first built it, Ethernet wasn't working in Windows 7 32 bit (though it worked in other OSs); however I found a Realtek driver online which worked partially, insofar as it installed the drivers (though sometimes failed to do so, meaning I had to try multiple times), but they then needed reinstalling on each reboot.

I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 and lost my semi-working Realtek driver installer when I formatted my HD. This meant I lost Ethernet connectivity. I downloaded the Windows 7 32 bit driver installer from http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3855#dl but this doesn't work. Whenever I run the installer I get 2 error messages in succession: first 'FindFile failed' and 'Realtek network controller was not found. If deep sleep mode is enabled please plug the cable'. I've tried this several times, combined with rebooting, repairing the driver, uninstalling the driver, running the installer as administrator, etc.

Help me? :)